Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Should my MOH even bother with a Bridal Shower?

My situation is kind of complicated. My family mostly lives out of state, and my FI's family all lives out of state. If my girls were to throw me a bridal shower, chances are, only 6 of my family would come, and considering most of my girlfriends are in the wedding party, that would make a total of roughly 15 people (though there will be roughly 100 women invited to the wedding).

Of the people who would be able to come, I would feel really bad asking them to buy me a gift for the party and then another gift for the wedding since money is tight for all of them right now. So is it really necessary for my MOH to even host a bridal shower? I don't care either way, but what would etiquette dictate in this case?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Should my MOH even bother with a Bridal Shower?

• Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're not comfortable with the idea of a shower, you can graciously decline the offer of your MOH.  Just don't have one.  It's not required at all.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's nice of you to consider your friends and family in this.  You can always decline the shower, but your closest gang might REALLY want this for you. 
  • Options
    danieliza1127danieliza1127 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I don't think 15 people is too few for a shower.  I think it's really up to you and your MOH though.  If you want a shower and she offers, let her do it.  If your friends or family are strapped for cash, they will buy what they can afford.  Just make sure your registry has low cost items on it, or a wide range of things that they can choose from.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    duckie1905duckie1905 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let your MOH decide if she wants to throw one or not.  15 people, IMO, is a great number for a shower.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards