40-Plus Brides

51-days and counting! Stressed.

I can remember counting down from 186-days; now we're down to 7 weeks and I am so excited!  Can't believe we're finally, after twelve years of living together - getting married!! :-)

However, regardless of how anxious and excited that I am... I have been super stressed out.  It's a combination of things, I'm sure; I got engaged and started a new job all in the same month and it's been crazy ever since.  Time is flying by.  And, it's funny how my/our priorities changed from when we first got engaged.  Our day was supposed to be classy, but simple - and I think I've been sucked in to the whole "wedding" sales pitch and now want to have it all.  LOL.  And in most cases, I'm doing it all myself (... I plead for more hours in the day!).  I don't bother to ask my BM's because they all have a lot going on in their lives too (don't want to burden them).  I have SO much to do that it's painful to think about. LOL.  
Please don't construe my venting as bitching (I just need to get it out). Wink

• I still need to figure out what I'm doing with my hair; for the life of me, I can't find "thee" perfect ivory silk hair clip.  A store is either sold out or they look cheap (or too expensive). 
  • Regret choosing the BM dresses that I did; love the color, but not figure flattering.
  • I had to have fabric covered place cards (saw them set up for another wedding and fell in love w/ them).  Bought the fabric, 3 types of fabric glue, clear labels (so I can print in calligraphy), and some funky-cool scissors - did one table and they look awesome.  Problem is time, time, time. Take me like 10-minutes per place card. Aye.
  • Didn't want menus on the tables at first because I thought - why bother?  The guests already responded w/ their meal choice.  But, after looking at a million photos on The Knot.  Here I am trying to find time to draft and print the menus; bought the paper, so I'm obligated I feel.
  • Half way done with tieing all of our fans to our bubble-sticks w/ tulle (and a note card); can't stop them now either.
  • Still have to draft the Program and print those. Sigh.
  • Have to send out Rehearsal Dinner invites (...a breeze!)
  • etc., etc., etc. (the never-ending and ever-growing "to do" list)
I'm sure my list of gripes is probably similar to what others have experienced.  Just typing it out made me feel better! 

So, in closing - if I am this stressed now - what in the world will it be like the closer the day gets here?  LOL.  I'm going to invest in a lot of wine!! Tongue Out

Best wishes, ladies!

Sincerely,
~ Stressed wifey-to-be 

Re: 51-days and counting! Stressed.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards