Ohio-Cincinnati

Soul Pocket : Not so sure.....

My daughter is soon to be married and we are on the hunt for a great band to play at the reception. I attended a gorgeous wedding recently and was so excited to be able to see the band Soul Pocket up close and personal as they were on our list to check out. Unfortunatly, Pete, I believe the leader of the band was so rude and abnoxious to the guests as well as the other hired vendors! I think he has ego issues. Too bad, the band is pretty good but I would not want him to be at the wedding! Does anyone have any other suggestions? We were going to try Leroy Ellington next.

Thanks!

Re: Soul Pocket : Not so sure.....

• edited December 2011
    One of my friends used the Clyde Brown Band last year at her wedding and they did a really good job.  Everybody had a great time and they kept the dance floor packed all night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    That is too bad you had a bad experience. If I had the budget to hire Soul Pocket, I definitely would have! I have seen them perform at a fundraising ball and at a wedding and they were awesome. Good luck with your search!
  • edited December 2011
    Friends of mine had the "Above the Bar" Band.  They were great with the crowd and getting people on their feet.  You should check them out
  • kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are quite a few bands that play at weddings, but I will say most bands have way more demands than I think they should. We started our search for a band but realized it wasnt worth the money or the hassle. Good luck on your search. If you dont have much luck here, try posting on the nest. I know some of the girls over there have used bands.
  • CincyBride29CincyBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try Clueless....we saw them at a wedding and they were awesome!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    220 Invited image 163 Attending image 57 Declined image 0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • edited December 2011
    I second Clyde Brown Band. My photographer shoots a lot of weddings that they play at and he loves them. We looked into them, and would have used them if we had the budget, but they are pretty pricey. Good luck! HTH!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • klee.ski3406klee.ski3406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking you caught Pete on a bad night because he is normally great. I have seen Soul Pocket probably 10x or more most recently at my bosses house in August for a party and once again they were amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    We'll be using Airwave. I don't have a final review yet but so far they've been really easy to talk to. I haven't seen them at a wedding but we checked them out at Jeff Ruby's and really liked their vibe.

• edited December 2011
    ditto Airwaves.  We looked into Soul Pocket as well, but chose Airwaves because they let us pick the songs we want and more importantly the songs we really don't want to be played at the wedding.  We listened to Airwaves at Carlo and Johnny's and were up and dancing at the bar immediately!
  • HolliWouldHolliWould member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto Airwave- we had a small-ish reception without a band, but I've seen them at 2 friends' receptions, and at Ruby's.... like them a lot.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you everyone!! I think we will probably be going with Clyde Brown.... :)
  • soul1soul1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Madam .......Your post from New Years Eve 2009?.... is disturbing to me.

As a guest, I would wonder how you gleened the information you posted about my actions at a wedding that you labled "georgous"......then went on to say I was rude and obnoxious to guests and "other" vendors.....I would ask if the client was happy and formost was the "Bride & Groom"  happy with the party?....Your attack on my personality is obviously malicious. I have done hundreds of receptions in the last 15 years with nothing but accolades and thanks from my customers not only for performance but also for my attention to their needs. We were voted Best Wedding Band In The City 2010 (Cincinnati Magazine). I'll stand on my reputation.

Sneaky Pete, Leader of Soul Pocket Band

• GoBucksOHGoBucksOH member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    soul1 - vendors are not allowed to post here. And what on earth are you doing digging up a post from 2009? Rediculous. Get over it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards