February 2012 Weddings

Just set our date of 02-19-2012!

Hi everyone,
FI and I got engaged about 3 weeks ago, and just set our date last night.  We're excited about doing a winter wedding and saving some $$!!!  We are buying a house this summer so doing the winter wedding makes sense for us.  Glad we're not the only ones!

Right now we are thinking about using a gothic chapel for our ceremony, and an old train station for our reception.  I'm thinking about a medieval theme for the ceremony (we are history nerds) and a train station theme for the reception (our son who is 2 loves Thomas the Train Engine, and FIL is a former conductor).

Looking forward to the countdown with all of you!  We are working on our guest list now to see what our budget will be...we both have enormous families (my dad has 9 siblings, and his dad has 5 siblings) so it's going to be huge!

Re: Just set our date of 02-19-2012!

• Hey Congrats! That's my wedding date as well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Great date!  It's our anniversary dating, but I might have to change it because it sounds like the church I wanted isn't open on that date.

There are other churches that would work though so I'm still going to try for it!
  • The Church is not open?

I chose the date because it's later than the Superbowl and Pro Bowl, and it's the Sunday right before Lent. The Church closest to us only performs weddings late on Sunday's so we are using a nearby church.

I hope everything works out for you. At least you know you still have enough time to choose a date and book vendors.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • YAY!!! Congrats on setting your date!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards