New York-Western

Flowers

I posted this over on the Month board, but everyone suggested I post it here on the local board.  If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I have no idea what to expect to spend on flowers.  I have $2000 budgeted, but this seems really high to me...or it could be ridiculously low...  If you don't mind, would you mind sharing your floral budget? 

Mine would include decorating the church, me +4 bridesmaids +1 jr bridesmaid, 4 groomsmen, parents, grand parents, & centerpieces at the reception...

I'm considering Kittelberger's in Webster as they're very familiar with my Church.  Since I'm over on the local board, if anyone has any suggestions, I'm open!

Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Flowers

• degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

How many centerpieces? And what type of flowers? Depending on the answers to your questions you should right on with your budget. I grew up in the Buffalo area so I am no help with florist reccomendations. I have heard good things about Pitsford Wegamans though!

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • KellieS2121KellieS2121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found a florist that works out of her house in the oakfield area (about 30 mins from buffalo).  My flowers are costing me $650, thats an awesome price!!!! Trust me i shopped around.  That price includes my bouquet, 5 BM, FI bout. and 5 GM, 2 mothers, 3 grandmas, 2 dads, 2 grandpas, throw bouquet and 19 centerpieces.  We are doing Tulips and calla lilis, (thought tulips would be in season for April, but it turns out their season starts May 1st).  I tried wegmans in pittsford, i gave them my budget and they sent me a quote (9 days later, when they said it would be the next day!) that was $300 over budget.  When i asked what flowers were included (bc we went through so many and i didnt know to take notes) and how many in the bouquets they told me they could not discuss that unless i sent them a deposit.  They ended up being very rude to deal with and i was so disappointed bc i heard they were so great.
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on the type of flowers you need. I am doing all baby's breath for my BM's and centerpieces.

The corsages will be a simple white rose, no boutonnierre's (pocket squares) and my bouquet, a pomander for my flower girl and a toss bouquet. I am getting all this for under $400, but that is because baby's breath is wicked cheap lol
  • edited December 2011

www.floralfxofrochester.com

My FMIL...she runs a business out of her house and does amazing work!

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My flowers cost $2k, and I went low end on the flowers used.  I had bouquets for me, 5 BMs, 1 FG, and then 10 bouts and 3 corsages.  3 bouquets for the altar, and 27 centerpieces.  We used gerbera daisies, and roses for the bouquets and bouts.  That price also included our aisle runner, unity candle, and pew bows.  

I think $2k is a pretty much a standard minimum for flowers if you go through a regular florist.  Wholesale places are generally lower.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Lipinoga Florist in Clarence, NY and am certain they could work within your budget (not sure if they go to webster)  but at any rate, you should should be able to get NICE wedding flowers for that price wherever you go.  I spent a little less than that and had 5 bm's and had nice quality flowers, and nice tall centerpieces.  I would say your budget sounds about right.  My bouquets were all very full and although I didnt get a ton of church flowers I had 3 arrangements(we used the one with our unity candle in it at the reception). 
  • edited December 2011
    I would look at how you can reuse church flowers at the reception... it can really help cut costs. 
  • spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine are costing $1100 - two large centerpiece arrangements for the church (we're talking about 3ft high and 3ft wide), 10 pew arrangements with bows, my bouquet, 5 BM bouquets, 7 bouts, 5 corsages.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards