Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Vows for Brides with Stage Fright

I am a bride with terrible stage fright and would like to say as little as possible during the ceremony.  I will have the officiant read the vows and simply say "I do", but what about the ring exchange?  Do you have to say anything, or can the officiant just explain the symbolism?

Re: Vows for Brides with Stage Fright

• Options
    TiffannieFTiffannieF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    That is up to you and your FI.  FWIW:  I think you would be surprised how you will feel doing your ceremony.  For me, I was so much on a high all I could see and hear were my H and the officiant.

ETA:  Also speak about it with your officiant.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    Yes, there is usually more to be said than "I do," however different ceremonies can be designed differently.  Talk to your officiant.
  • Options
    meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I'm not crazy about having all those pairs of eyes on me either!  Hopefully pp is right that it's not hard to stay focused on your fiance/husband.  You can also repeat after the officiant so maybe during the ring exchange that's what you could do and the officiant will tell you what to say and all you have to do is repeat what the officiant says, it's usually short and sweet like "[fiance's name], with this ring I thee wed."
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_vows-for-brides-with-stage-fright?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:10Discussion:fe06a9ae-dbd2-491d-8826-20be49d04f3cPost:2538d0ae-9500-48f1-aef2-ceeca86ee9d6">Re: Vows for Brides with Stage Fright</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is up to you and your FI.  FWIW:  I think you would be surprised how you will feel doing your ceremony.  For me, I was so much on a high all I could see and hear were my H and the officiant. ETA:  Also speak about it with your officiant.
    Posted by TiffannieF[/QUOTE]

This!

I was dreading walking down the aisle and reading vows in front of everyone. Didn't notice a soul except for DH
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Traditional vows are usually just "i do" or "i will" and repete after me....the ring is usually repete after me so you just say what the officiator says...don't have to try and remember anything, or worry about if people will like it (not that you should, but if that is part if your stage fright) if you stick to traditional vows!

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards