Missouri-Kansas City

9/1/2012 Vendor Reviews

Venue

The Villa of Kansas City:  Grade A-

I will admit prior to the wedding day communication was not what I expected.  Phone tag was played several times, and e-mails were not answered in a timely manner.  We needed to set up three different taste testing meetings, because the first two "they did not expect us"... even though we confirmed through e-mail a week prior.  Also, from the time we put down our deposit to the wedding day there were at least three different assistants (to Raven) had come and gone.  This made things difficult when trying to get a hold of staff.

With that said.  On the wedding day things came together beautifully.  Raven and her staff stepped up to the plate.  The decorations, service and food was wonderful.  We received many compliments on the venue, as well as the food from guest.  They flipped the ceremony site to the reception sight in a timely manner, and were attentive to our needs.   Raven went above and beyond twice for us.  Once, she ran out to flag down our shuttle bus in the pouring rain, and second she removed a stain from my wedding gown by hunting down a stain removing pen.  

Cake

Kristin's Cakes:  Grade A+

Not only was the cake beautiful, it was delicious!  Kristin's prices are very reasonable, and she is great to work with.  She was quick to answer any e-mails or phone calls, which made things less stressful for me.  She was also willing to try new things.  We asked if we could have a "Strawberry/Vanilla Champagne", and she provided is a tasty sample within the week.  We received many compliments from guest regarding her cake.  

D.J. 

D.J. Connection Entertainment: Grade A

This company is based out of Tulsa, Oklahoma.  So, all of our scheduling and meetings were done over the phone.  All of the staff I spoke to were very friendly and helpful.  However, I did not know who my D.J. was until a few days before the wedding.   Our D.J. was Nick and he was awesome!  He was very interactive with the crowd, but not in an annoying way. As the night went on, he knew which songs weren't working and which songs brought people to the dance floor.  At one point he even busted out a dance move on the floor.  Our neighbor who is also a D.J, even commented on how great Nick did his job.  I would have like to have spoke to Nick in person before the day of the event, just to tweak a few minor things.  But, not big deal... he still was awesome.  Oh, and he drove in from Tulsa before the wedding and drove home the same night!

Videographer

Nouvelle Productions: Grade A+++

Shawn Porter did an amazing job capturing our wedding on video.  And his prices are very reasonable.  When I offered him a deposit for his work, he said not to worry about it and we could pay him the night of the wedding.  Well, of course with everything happening during the wedding we forgot to pay him.  I freaked out and e-mailed him that night.  He was very understanding, and said we could mail him a check.  The check went out the next day.  But, Shawn sent us a beautiful highlight clip before even receiving the check.  I was very impressed with Shawn's business, and would highly recommend him.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 9/1/2012 Vendor Reviews

• I'm excited to read that about Shawn ! We have him booked for our wedding in April !
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards