Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Water Street Inn

Has anyone had their reception at Water Street Inn in downtown Stillwater, MN? The links on their website isn't working. It looks like a beautiful place though!

Re: Water Street Inn

• Options
    edited December 2011

For whatever it's worth, my parents just stayed there on Tues night! I haven't been there but they were very impressed with it. They expected it to be old and have chipping paint, etc. But they said the rooms were nicely sized, the furniture was old looking but in good shape, the food was good...

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had briefly considered it for my wedding, but had heard iffy reviews (a few online, and a few secondhand ones from friends of friends who had weddings there and whatnot). There was nothing concrete that I remember hearing that was "wrong" with it exactly... I just remember hearing about billing disputes and poor service.

In the end, we decided on the Historic Courthouse for our wedding last October. It's less than a mile from Water Street Inn and it's A) a gorgeous, fantastic venue and B) I'm almost positive it's a lot less expensive than the Inn.
  • Options
    Mejacoby0590Mejacoby0590 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Well we planned on having the ceremony at St. Michaels church which is coincidently right across the street from the courthouse!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards