Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wedding Insurance--should we get some? HELP!

Hi ladies,
I am a Philly bride getting married at Tendenza on December 29, 2012.  I have a bad feeling the weather this winter won't be as mild as it was this past winter, and I'm thinking about purchasing wedding insurance.

The best quote I've found so far is around $370 or so and offers good coverage through the company WedSure. My question is, is it worth it just for peace of mind?  Most vendors would reschedule in the event of a disaster, but what if my vendors aren't available on the alternate date Tendenza would offer us?
Have any of you had a winter wedding and needed to use your insurance coverage to reschedule?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!!!

Re: Wedding Insurance--should we get some? HELP!

• Options
    I got insurance for my January 11th wedding. It just wasn't a risk I wanted to take. It ended up being $320 or something on WedSure. I think we got a discount because my dad had other insurance through the carrier as well.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the feedback!
    I think it is worth the peace of mind, at least it seems to be...
  • Options
    Yahoo just had an article on different kinds of insurances not to buy and wedding insurance was one of them. I was a little surprised.   Maybe you could look back and find the article. 
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Yahoo is not getting married. LOL Winter weddings are notorious iffy weatherwise. You just NEVER KNOW. I say read the fine print, be sure exactly what weather it covers, and then make your decision.

If you have a financial advisor you might run it by them, they might have a better take on it. Also if either of you are flying in for the wedding or parents are etc. I'd be sure to get some. Three hundred plus isn't all that much, but like anything, read the fine print!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards