Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

DON'T USE ALDO STUDIOS IN BROOKLYN

I don't know if anyone will actually read this, but if you are considering then, thing again!

The most UNCREATIVE and BORING photographs and RUDEST people ever! When we looked at the sample books, we thought they were nice and traditional (we weren't looking for journalistic, but did want some natural shots) so I gave the Photographer a few pose requests and thought we were good to go. Well, let me tell you, awful! If he didn't pose us (and he didn't do a variety of poses, we just stood there) he didn't take the picture!  He didn't stray from the poses you will see online and in their books.  Thank goodness for a family member who captured some amazing moments, because otherwise we'd have no candids of the wedding.  We were rushed the whole time and he didn't bother moving around the reception so every one of the fist dance and dancing shots were taken in front of the video screens by the DJ and he took next to nothing of the rest of the reception.  Every big moment (garder toss, cake, father daughter dance) looked like a random guest took it without really caring about how it came out, when in fact we paid him $5,000 for his "professional" services. The family shots were horrible, my brothers tuxedo was a mess and they are so dark. When we decided to speak to the Jerry Aldo, the owner, he was the rudest man I've ever had the misfortune of dealing with.  During our conversation he actually had the nerve to say we need to PAY HIM 20% MORE! Are you KIDDING ME?? He eventually got up and walked away from us.  What business man does that? He could not admit that they messed up on our portraits.  There isn't one picture I could actually say I need to have on my wall. Not one picture I want to send out for a thank you. Nothing. I'm so disappointed that my wedding pictures were ruined by Aldo Studio and there wasn't a thing they were willing to do to make up for it. My recommendation, if you are willing to use someone on Staten Island, use Romeo Creations, I will I did and am kicking myself everyday for not.

Re: DON'T USE ALDO STUDIOS IN BROOKLYN

• photogbride12photogbride12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can tell all of those things just spending 30 seconds look at their website. Why did you choose them? That's an INSANE amount of money to spend on a bad photographer...
  • edited December 2011
    From the photos posted on their website, it's not too surprising that their quality was bad.  The gallery is composed of their very best shots ever, handpicked from various events, and it's still unimpressive work. 

I'm really sorry you were not happy with your photos.  The worst thing in all of this is how unprofessionally the owner behaved.  I suggest you post this on your local board to help brides in your area (left navigation /> local wedding boards)
  • angybanezangybanez member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Like PP said, post on your local board and tell New Yorkers to stay away! They way they carried on was not professional at all.
  • edited December 2011
    I used them because they have been around forever and I thought they would have common sense to take candid photos. Unfortunatly I was very very wrong :(
  • edited December 2011
    I feel your pain, I didn't spend as much as you did but I got TERRIBLE photos from my photographer, it's so heartbreaking. Even now I see my friend's gorgeous wedding photos and get sad we didn't get that... you could try taking them to court and get some of your money back, it's worth a shot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards