40-Plus Brides

Oh my!!! This is alot of work

This is my first post - I am 42 and my fiance is 32.  We have known each other for about 7 years and after actually dating for about 2 years he proposed.

Now mind you - we are both anti marriage and never thought either one of us would get married, we were ok with just living together.  Now we are engaged - trying to plan a wedding for April 20th of next year and I am going crazy. 

I have never pictured myself married, never dreamed about it, never gave it a thought.  I was good with going to the JP and waking up the next morning being married.  However, that is not what he wants and as we have started planning I am getting excited - so excited not sure if we can wait!  

As the days go by - going to Vegas looks better and better, we have a very tight budget and really only want our close family there.  As you know planning a wedding on a tight budget is overwhelming (i'm sure most have figured this out)   

Just venting so thanks to everyone here =)

Re: Oh my!!! This is alot of work

• First of all - Congratulations!

A few suggestions for you, since it sounds like you want something small/intimate:

Bed & Breakfast - many of them have wedding ceremony packages that cater to the small affair.

Wedding Chapel - is there one nearby?

Las Vegas - there are some great packages, and April is a great time to be there!  Again, there are many packages available, and I am sure you can find one within your budget.

Here is wishing you the best in your marriage!

Anniversary
  • Hi there.  Just a couple of words of warning--the interwebz can be a big and scary place.  There are lots of stories circulating about how brides have made others on The Knot angry and have had their entire wedding canceled.  So, you should delete this account, and start again with a screen name that doesn't include your first and last name (if this is your actual name).  Along with your city, a LOT can be found out about you. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_40-plus-brides_oh-my-this-is-alot-of-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:69dea60c-2319-4015-8380-4a5cc0f18476Discussion:3025d0a0-a0f1-4255-8863-caeb212914d8Post:4cb32655-8ac2-418e-97fc-521237d7fa03">Oh my!!! This is alot of work</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is my first post - I am 42 and my fiance is 32.  We have known each other for about 7 years and after actually dating for about 2 years he proposed. Now mind you - we are both anti marriage and never thought either one of us would get married, we were ok with just living together.  Now we are engaged - trying to plan a wedding for April 20th of next year and I am going crazy.  I have never pictured myself married, never dreamed about it, never gave it a thought.  I was good with going to the JP and waking up the next morning being married.  However, that is not what he wants and as we have started planning I am getting excited - so excited not sure if we can wait!   As the days go by - going to Vegas looks better and better, we have a very tight budget and really only want our close family there.  As you know planning a wedding on a tight budget is overwhelming (i'm sure most have figured this out)    Just venting so thanks to everyone here =)
    Posted by stacywashington[/QUOTE]

You should check out the Las Vegas board!  No, Vegas is not cheesy and you don't need to have Elvis marry you!
  • Well Vegas is out --- my FI said no way - for either of us never wanting to get married - he is a lot more traditional than myself.  

This place has helped alot and things are going a bit smoother - meeting with a coordinator next week and off to try on dresses the week after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards