North Carolina
Options

fireworks at NC beach wedding?

My FI and I want to have fireworks at our wedding, which will be at Ocean Isle Beach in North Carolina. Has anyone heard of fireworks at a wedding in NC? Not looking for opinions on yes or no, just whether anyone has any experience with this sort of entertainment at a function or event. Would we need to hire a professional fireworks team or something? How can we make this happen in a legit way that doesn't involve some crazy college friends shooting off bootleg rockets that could get us arrested? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Also, we haven't decided yet whether it will be at the ceremony (which will be on the shore just before sunset) or the reception (which will follow, location tbd). Ideas about this choice also welcome!
Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: fireworks at NC beach wedding?

• Options
    Kacin+DanielKacin+Daniel member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    My FI and I want to have fireworks at our wedding, which will be at Ocean Isle Beach in North Carolina. Has anyone heard of fireworks at a wedding in NC? Not looking for opinions on yes or no, just whether anyone has any experience with this sort of entertainment at a function or event. Would we need to hire a professional fireworks team or something? How can we make this happen in a legit way that doesn't involve some crazy college friends shooting off bootleg rockets that could get us arrested? Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Also, we haven't decided yet whether it will be at the ceremony (which will be on the shore just before sunset) or the reception (which will follow, location tbd). Ideas about this choice also welcome!
    Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You'd likely need a permit and a professional and should contact the town to find out who to contact.  They should be able to point you in the direction of someone (or a company) who has been approved in the past and can help you with the process.  http://oceanislebeach.com/more/rules-regulations/

Remember that any pyrotechnic that is intended to spin or leave the ground is illegal in NC. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards