South Carolina

Need your advice....

Hey Ladies,
I am encountering a little "predicament" with one of my bridesmaids and I'm just not sure what to do and could use some advice.
I asked one of my best friends from college to be one of my bridesmaids and let me give you a little background on her... to me, she was an AMAZING friend; always there for me, always had an ear to listen, just great all around. But a lot of my other friends, including my FI, have other opinions about her. They think she is a liar (which, she does have a track record for lying, but not to me - at least I dont think!) and she is just not very reliable.. and I can agree with that. With that said, I've been trying to get ahold of her and it seems like every five days, she is changing her number or something, her phone is off, her box full, wont accept messages, I can just NEVER get ahold of her and she lives 8 hours from me. She will chat with me on facebook for about 2 minutes just to basically say "hey omg i miss you okay bye". I just cant get her live on the phone! and I need to get her measurements etc for the BM dresses.

I want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but I just have a feeling that she is just going to drop off the face of the earth and I wont hear from her for months (which has happened before). Besides being "shady" I guess you could say, she has always just been such a great friend. I almost want to tell her to not worry about being in the wedding party because I just dont know if I can even rely on her to order her dress, etc.

Am I thinking too much of it? Should I just wait it out and see what happens? I of course dont want to offend her because she is one of my best friends, I just feel I need girls that I can really rely on to be in the wedding party....
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need your advice....

• mfordingmfording member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would ask her flat out - let her know how important the day is to you and if she agrees to be apart of it then you'll have to hope she sticks to it. 

By asking her at least she will have an option to say no?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    If you have already asked her, I don't think there's too much you can do as far as just droppin gher from the WP. You could always ask her (over FB if that's the only way she'll talk) if she would rather just come as a guest. Maybe she's "busy" and it would be a little more stress free. Hopefully if she's going to be like this all the way up to the wedding, she'll say she is busy. If not, and she still keeps ignoring you, then I would talk to her the bare basics. Shoot her an email saying you need measurements for dress by such and such time, etc. If it were me and you were a friend I really really cared about, I would definitely make the time to call you or at least email you or something. I hope it all works out! Laughing
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice :)!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards