Michigan-Lansing
Options

country mill orchard

Has anyone been to this orchard for a wedding? i think i may want my wedding here but was curious how it looked first!

Re: country mill orchard

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_country-mill-orchard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:945b2ae7-f742-4256-9756-12a630ba2c0cPost:661d00d9-b030-4345-a8ad-f193efc15cf7">country mill orchard</a>:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone been to this orchard for a wedding? i think i may want my wedding here but was curious how it looked first!
    Posted by melo2xtina[/QUOTE]

We attended a fall wedding in the barn at the Country Mill. We were not impressed, it was not well decorated and was very cold. It was an ok wedding, but nothing that we would do ourselves.....
  • Options
    Hi,

I feel like we are leaning toward country mill.  Can you tell me more?

Katherine
  • Options
    I have been there for a wedding. Their pole barn is kind of the ugliest venue I've ever seen. There isn't a lot you can do to decorate without having a massive budget. The ceremony space was really nice, but I was there for a wedding when it was raining, so the outdoor ceremony space was crappy in that regard. Also, the parking lot isn't paved and therefore extremely muddy to go outside of the building.
  • Options
    I was there for a wedding not long ago.It was more of a Bar-B-Q theme so it was perfect.
    If you are looking for a pretty venue that looks sophisticated you probably would want a pole barn.
  • Options
    RachiesMomRachiesMom member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    My daughter's wedding will be there in a few weeks. The owner has been great!

The biggest plus is you can use your own caterer and beverage provider so you can fit any budget. Also the location can accomodate a large number of guests.

Here are my cautions, however, 1) it is not a "banquet venue" like Hawk Hollow or a hotel so you will need to rent your linens and table skirts if you intend to use them; 2) as someone else said, it is very large and you will need to either decorate creatively or have a huge budget. We are working toward creative...clusteing smaller things and using large, inexpensive things; 3) no climate control -- heat, cold or rain -- you may have uncomfortable guests. 4) with more flexibility comes more decisions and more stress

We will have a great party with a wedding for entertainment. If you want perfect and elegant you already know this venue is not for you.
  • Options
    <div>How did it go?  We are getting married there next fall!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_country-mill-orchard?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:96Discussion:945b2ae7-f742-4256-9756-12a630ba2c0cPost:23dbf44a-6caa-431a-9c6e-6c03c91b8d3f">Re: country mill orchard</a>:
    [QUOTE]My daughter's wedding will be there in a few weeks. The owner has been great! The biggest plus is you can use your own caterer and beverage provider so you can fit any budget. Also the location can accomodate a large number of guests. Here are my cautions, however, 1) it is not a "banquet venue" like Hawk Hollow or a hotel so you will need to rent your linens and table skirts if you intend to use them; 2) as someone else said, it is very large and you will need to either decorate creatively or have a huge budget. We are working toward creative...clusteing smaller things and using large, inexpensive things; 3) no climate control -- heat, cold or rain -- you may have uncomfortable guests. 4) with more flexibility comes more decisions and more stress We will have a great party with a wedding for entertainment. If you want perfect and elegant you already know this venue is not for you.
    Posted by RachiesMom[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards