Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

what is happening to this board?!??!

So I'm a cincinnati bride getting married in June and when I got engaged last winter I found so much help on this board from REAL people in this area. I started to visit my monthly board and DIY to find more specific details, and lately I've been back here to try and find some more specific help as the date gets near but every post is some weird self-promoting vendor, or some other non-wedding related issue. I know the moderator does a good job at weeding this out, but I just don't understand why this board seems to be targeted. I'll be back after my wedding to post my reviews because I know that's helpful to alot of people but until then I'm staying away. I'd recommend you go to the month board for any wedding advice if you're a new bride this has just gotten creepy.

Re: what is happening to this board?!??!

• Options
    This isn't a new thing.  It's always been targeted.  It's the time of year when people are getting engaged.  This is why the bridal shows are early in the year (that and it's off peak time so they aren't as busy).  

I try and at least post a question when there is something a little fishy.  Sometimes they are vendors, sometimes they aren't.  I've been around a long time (and am actually trying to move on, come on Knot Gods) and this is how it's been every year.  I'm sure if you ask on your month board and find other active local boards, they'll have the same thing.  

There are a lot of great ladies on this board, and truly it is a great place to get advice from other brides.  I booked a lot of my vendors from referrals.  I'd really hate for anyone to leave over this little stuff.  

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask or PM me.  And smittojess, if we don't hear from you again, we'll miss you but good luck with your wedding!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_happening-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:108Discussion:dd613843-2d1e-4777-9bab-6a490272a7edPost:2faaca6a-b74c-41cb-a836-a9461ccd179b">Re: what is happening to this board?!??!</a>:
    [QUOTE]This isn't a new thing.  It's always been targeted.  It's the time of year when people are getting engaged.  This is why the bridal shows are early in the year (that and it's off peak time so they aren't as busy).   I try and at least post a question when there is something a little fishy.  Sometimes they are vendors, sometimes they aren't.  I've been around a long time (and am actually trying to move on, come on Knot Gods) and this is how it's been every year.  I'm sure if you ask on your month board and find other active local boards, they'll have the same thing.   There are a lot of great ladies on this board, and truly it is a great place to get advice from other brides.  I booked a lot of my vendors from referrals.  I'd really hate for anyone to leave over this little stuff.   If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask or PM me.  And smittojess, if we don't hear from you again, we'll miss you but good luck with your wedding!
    Posted by mrs.dilligaf[/QUOTE]

well what really disgusted me tonight was to find 3 private messages from this "bella group" about their vacation packages and how they aren't a scam and then quoting to me what a defamation claim is. I agree that there is alot of advice on this board and great people, but lately I just feel like there's been more vendors nad stuff than not. it's not anything against cincinnati brides, or you by any means -- as I said you do an amazing job but those messages just did me in. I'm sure it's knot wide but gessh.
    I hope it simmers down some soon!
  • Options
    Can you forward me those please?  And anyone else who may get them?  

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cincinnati_happening-this-board?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:108Discussion:dd613843-2d1e-4777-9bab-6a490272a7edPost:e5d0a6e9-df88-4a10-8c93-a76254862058">Re: what is happening to this board?!??!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you forward me those please?  And anyone else who may get them?  
    Posted by mrs.dilligaf[/QUOTE]

I work nights so just woke up, I will forward them to you today.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards