July 2012 Weddings

Bridal shower dates

Dear my fellow July Brides...when are your bridal showers being held? How many are at a restaurant and how many being hosted at someone's house? 

I really would like mine at my mom's house, feel like it makes things easier, cheaper (I plan to make lasagna and my mom another entree, as well as some BBQ items) and less formal and my mom already volunteered. The date is another story...supposed to be over Memorial Day weekend since both my siblings will be home and we usually host a family BBQ. But now a few family members I'd love to have as guests are going away. However, my sister is more impoartant and June is a very tough month for her to get away from her job, while May is nearly impossible for my parents to do anything aside from Memorial Day weekend. We'll figure it out! 

Regardless-how early is TOO early? and how late, too late?
~ES~

Re: Bridal shower dates

• I'm having two showers. The first is April 21st, its at my mom's cousins house in Philidelphia. Its only for my moms family. We felt this worked best because they are all OOT and we didn't want to make everyone travel up here twice in such a short period of time. We are the farthest away for most people, Phili is the middle ground. 

The second one is May 20th at a restaurant here where I live. This one is for my FI's family and all our friends, plus my aunts and possibly a cousin who want to come to both. 

As for timing, I think we're at the point where you can have it any time. If a lot of people have to travel I would do it sooner rather than later so people don't have to travel so many times so close together.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One is May 19th with my FI's family, he's from CO and we'll be there for a wedding that weekend so it was the only date that worked. I don't know the details but I'm 99% positive it'll be at my FI's parent's house. 

I'm guessing I'll have one here with my family but there are no plans yet. 

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just decided! (literally, 15 minutes ago)

We are having two showers because my guest list is so long! One is May 19th the other is June 2nd. They are both at two family member's houses.

TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • Mine will be sometime in May at my best friends house, I'm assuming. She's throwing it so I'm guessing tears what she will do.
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • June 30th at my soon to be sister in laws house. BBQ, games, gifts. 25-30 people. 
    pregnancy calendar
  • Mine is June 3rd. Around 20 guests.
  • edited March 2012
    Mine is April 29 at a restaurant for brunch (my mom is keeping the place a surprise). I think you can have your shower anytime in April, May or June... whatever works best for you! The last weekend in April was the ONLY weekend that worked because we don't really have any free weekends in May due to family events.  
    imageAnniversary
  • I think we are past the time of *too* early, so I def wouldn't worry about that!

Mine is April 14th (less than a month away!) and the details are being kept secret from me, but I believe it'll be at a restaurant. If my mom had a house that would be good to host something like this at, I would definitely prefer that just for the flexibility and cost issues you mentioned, but it isn't feasible in our situation.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have no idea but it will probably be in May.  I told my mom she can keep it as a surprise to me if she wants.  I talked to her the other week about the registry and she said nothing had been planned yet.

Anniversary
  • I have no idea about mine, but yesterday someone from my church alluded they may do some sort of shower, which would be fun. But there are no definitive plans as of yet.
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Mine is at a restaurant on April 14th.  There were 60 guests on the invite list.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • May 12th at my cousin's home.  It will be mostly family that lives in town plus a few of my closest friends. I have a massive family and most of my closest friends and bridesmaids are out of town. The guest list will probably be between 40 and 50 if I had to guess. 
  • May 5th at a restaurant and about 50 people are invited.
    Photobucket
  • Mine will be at the end of June and around 60 people will be attending.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • May 27 (Memorial Day Weekend) at a local restaurant.  There are about 60 people on the guest list.  We had to plan it around other family/wedding events (lots of weddings in my family this year) and this was the only weekend my FSIL could make the trip out from AZ.  Apparently this has been booked for quite some time so majority of those invited are already aware of it, so they haven't made other (vacation) plans, which was nice to hear.  I was worried that no one would show up.

My MOH had 2 showers this month, one was at her aunt's house and the other was at a restaurant, and the one held at a restaurant wasn't much more expensive and there was so much more room and less for everyone to clean up.  Just my 2 cents!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I agree that we are pass the too early point.  Personally I think any shower held within a month from the wedding is too late.  I think it is a lot to ask of people to not only bring you a shower gift but then a month later to bring a wedding gift.. But this is just my opinion!

I dont know when my shower is or where.. everything is a surprise!
  • My shower is at my family's beach house on June 9th. There are about 50 people invited, probably less will show up.

I didn't have any part in planning it and it was actually supposed to be a surprise but my MOH slipped and told me it was at the beach! I figured it would be at a restaurant in NYC but I am SO glad it's not, mostly because of the sheer number of people involved! Plus, it's always fun to get away from the city during the summer.

From what I gather, there's a theme to it (although I don't know what!) and I know most people will be staying overnight at the house since it's about 2.5 hours from NYC and there isn't a train returning that evening.

Yay!

Bach party is the following weekend in Vegas. I'm also excited for that. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just had my first shower this past weekend and it was AMAZING!! My sister planned it as an afternoon tea at her house. We invited about 40 and just over 30 came. It was seriously the most fun day. She had tea cups as favors that she had planted flowers in. She did a photo board where people had to guess my ages in different pictures. The guests had bingo boards to fill in while I opened gifts. Champagne punch, tea, tea sandwiches, scones with lemon curd, homemade crab cakes and a wedding playlist on the iPod that she gifted to me.  It was a beautiful weekend here in VA - I think it hit 80 degrees on shower day. It couldn't have been more perfect. I hope you all enjoy your showers as much as I did!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My shower is the 16th of June.  I feel that is late but I am in Italy right now and am returning to NY on June 11.  I'm having about 25 guests and it's at my best friend (MOH's ) house. 
    weddingcake-1
  • Mine is June 2 at a local restaurant. 45 people are on the invite list.

191 Invited image 164 Are ready to party!! image 27 Are missing out image 0 Are making me wait imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having 2 showers. One is April 1 and the other is April 7. I have no clue where they are because they're both surprises.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far there are two showers that I know of. One is June 3 and will be the girls that I dance with and their moms. The other is June 16 and will be FI's family and some of my work friends. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • April 28th!  we're having ours at the local VFW!
  • I'm a teacher so my sister is flying home from Denver for my April Vacation.  My shower will be April 22, but the best part will be spending time with my sister (MOH) and her daughter, my 8 month old niece!

Guest list is around 50 at a family summer home on the lake.  I'm actually a bit anxious since I don't like to be the center of attention but I guess I need to get over that if I'm the bride, lol!
  • My first one is April 14th (Hosted by my FI's Family) and then another one May 12th (Hosted by my Mom and MOHs). 

I think April and May are good months for July weddings because it gives people time before the wedding. 
  • My first one will be at my FI's parent's house (approximently 20-25 people) and my second will be at my church (around 50ish)
  • I have 4, yikes!!

1. May 19 at FMIL's friend's house (4 hours away)
    2. June 3 at a family cabin (4 hours away)
    3. June 23 at a friend's house (In the same town where I grew up in)
    4. June 24 at MOH's mom's house (30 mins away)

Different guests at each shower. We have 250 guests for the wedding.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards