Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

flower vent: a little down :(

To summarize, my florist dropped the ball really hard and gave me flowers I really didn't like.  We're angry and we're working to get our money back, but I'm more bummed about the fact that I never got the bouquets I wanted, you know?  It's not like I can say "oh well, better luck next time!" because this was the only time we'll have such awesome bouquets.   It's not like we order $700 worth of flowers for any old party we throw, hahaha

I feel like a few of our photos were ruined from the ugly bouquets.  My bouquet wasn't "ugly" but it certainly wasn't what I had asked for.  Not to mention it was pink, and I'd asked for a purple bouquet. 

I'm just so bummed cause I was SO SO excited about the flowers!

Matt just said that for our first anniversary, he'd buy me the bouquet I had wanted originally.  That makes me feel so so much better.  I really wanted my bouquet!

I hope this serves as a warning to any other brides out there.  Contact all your vendors the week before the wedding to make sure no one is going to try to screw you over with any last minute changes and leave you footing the bill. 
Our Wedding Website
Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: flower vent: a little down :(

• Options
    Sorry you were so disappointed!  I went back and looked at your pics and they were pink!  They do look a little unorganized as well, I would totally complain!  Your hubby is so sweet to say he'd do that though!
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the florist doesn't care that she gave us all the wrong bouquets and violated our contract.  She's still not giving our money back.  So we took it to the BBB and we'll see where that goes.
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    So sorry that she screwed you over! I'd be so mad. $700 is a ton of money to spend on poor quality goods. Glad that you're not letting this go. She needs to learn that she can't treat people like that, especially when you have a contract!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I took a photographer to the BBB and thenm wrote to the local news statiosn & sent the photodude a cc.  That fixed his wagona nd we got our picts the next day.

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Oooo local news station?  That's a good idea.  Did you tell the photographer that before you contacted them, or did you contact them and then tell your photographer?
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    oh man, eeva :( im really sorry about your crappy florist. i hope you can get your money back for her violating the contract.

on a happy note- your hubby rocks. thats so nice of him to do that for your 1year anniversary :)

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    Eeva,
    So sorry to hear about your bad experience with the flowers. I hope it didn't ruin your special day though!
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Also,
    I just went back and stalked your wedding photos! You look great! I can see how the flowers were not at all what you had envisioned...BUT I was so busy looking at you that I didn't even realize you were holding flowers at first.

If you want, I'm a Graphic Design Major and I'm pretty handy with Photoshop. I could change the color of the flowers in your pictures for you. PM me if you're interested.
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Wow. SO sorry to hear about your flowers.  If it makes you feel any better, when I looked at your photos, I didn't think there was anything noticeably wrong with them -- I just noticed how beautiful and happy you looked!  I've read that Johnny Cash used to say, "Don't sweat the small stuff."  (Of course, HE wasn't a bride!)  

Is there any way that you can alert other brides-to-be about this florist?  Like on the online yellow pages page, if there's a "post your review" section, maybe you could post a warning about her.  

Your new husband, by the way, sounds like the nicest guy ever!

• Options
    Aww, I was right there with you guys.  I told my FI the day before the wedding that there was absolutely nothing God could throw my way (short of a death or major disaster) that would take the smile off of my face on my wedding day.  My mother-in-law was shocked at how well I took the ugly flowers on the day of.  When I saw them, I just said, "right, well those are just going to stay in the room (about the super ugly ones), and the rest well... I'll deal with those after the wedding".  And went out and enjoyed our amazing wedding day.  Only after the wedding did I decide to finally deal with the flower issue.

Wedding spinster, I'm absolutely going to warn people about this florist.  Just not until we get a settlement.  I'm playing it as smart as possible, and giving them no reason not to give us our cash back.

Katie--I just might ask for your help, but I'll let you know after we get the photos back.  :)
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    I'm sorry you were disappointed. I can definitely see where you would be with your bouquet because not only were the hydrangeas pink but they were the bulk of the bouquet. You wanted a more varied version right? Were you happy with the bridesmaid flowers? They look really pretty but if you wanted more purple I understand why you are upset. Maybe you can ask for your money back for just the bouquet since that was definitely not at all what you wanted. But nonetheless, you made a gorgeous bride and I don't think the bouquet takes away from your photos at all!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_little-down?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Theme%20BoardsForum:667Discussion:a0781442-a863-4d73-9d93-e4bb5eedc1bePost:c3dde8b3-382f-4360-ada9-5dc985b15620">Re: flower vent: a little down :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry you were disappointed. I can definitely see where you would be with your bouquet because not only were the hydrangeas pink but they were the bulk of the bouquet. You wanted a more varied version right? Were you happy with the bridesmaid flowers? They look really pretty but if you wanted more purple I understand why you are upset. Maybe you can ask for your money back for just the bouquet since that was definitely not at all what you wanted. But nonetheless, you made a gorgeous bride and I don't think the bouquet takes away from your photos at all!
    Posted by ledalia[/QUOTE]

No, I wasn't happy with the bridesmaid's bouquets at all.  They were supposed to be pink and purple, and I specifically asked for no greenery whatsoever in any of the bouquets.  The bouquets had so many leaves and filler flowers (only three small heads of pink ranunculus in each!) that they looked green.  The altar bouquets were supposed to be identical to the bridesmaids bouquets, and she just created these giant arrangements using ferns and some dyed hydrangea.  Completely hideous.  We're asking for a full refund.
    Our Wedding Website
  • Options
    Ah, OK. So sorry you were disappointed! I know you were so excited about your flowers.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear that your florist let you down.  That's just awful to hear.  It is very nice of your hubby to suggest that he'll get the bouquet of your dreams for your anniversary.  Sweet!!!
  • Options

so sorry to hear that,some people have no buisness owning a buisness !!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards