Connecticut

CT ceremony musicians

Does anyone know of any good and reasonably priced musicians who do wedding ceremonies?  I am looking for a duo or a trio (some combintion of a violin, cello, trumpet, piano)for my ceremony on 10/29 and haven't had much luck finding anyone I can afford.

Thanks!

Re: CT ceremony musicians

• edited December 2011
    you can try contacting the yale school of music for any of their musicians.  or post something on craigslist.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes- ditto to xinekim. I was going to say contact the Hart School at the University of Hartford or craigslist. My brother went to the Hart school and just graduated there for art- there were amazing trio's at a few of his art shows while he was there. I am having him reach out to them to see if they are interested for our wedding as well. There are such talented students at both schools that I am sure would do a wonderful job.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We have a violin / cello duo playing for our ceremony. We booked them through PowerStation Events.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • edited December 2011
    Hart School of Music seems to be the most reasonable.  Email their gigline and they will get back to you with their rates and availability. It looks like we will be using them as well!! :)  Everyone else seems way too expensive!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah dude call any local college.  Sacred Heart has a good music program.  My friend used a trio of flute studens from there for their ceremony. 
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto Hartt School.  i searched high and low for a professional group last summer and i could not find anyone reasonably priced.  i ended up having a friend of mine play flute at our ceremony, so i didn't actually use the Hartt School, but I was all set to use them.
  • edited December 2011
    Arioso Ensemble:)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Millenium Music.   We were quoted $550 for a duo (cello and violin) for two hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Hart School! They have some amazing musicians willing to work for reasonable prices. I had talented friends in undergrad who played at weddings to make some extra cash

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    planning bio
  • edited December 2011
    I just listened to our musicians practice yesterday!  I found them on craigslist - it's a flute/cello duo.  Here is their website:  http://www.alexandraflute.com/. They are totally reasonable and very friendly!  Let me know Kim sent you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards