Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Mother-Daughter Song... Too Sad?

I'm getting married four years (almost to the day) after my father passed away.  My mom and I are considering "Dance With My Father" by Luther Vandross... is it too sad, or could it work?

Re: Mother-Daughter Song... Too Sad?

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    OHHH I love it! I think it is such a perfect song choice (love Luther!)!

I also think it is such a great song to honor your Dad!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    angiems97angiems97 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that song too.  I personally can't listen to it without crying (my dad died 6 years ago,) but if you can go for it.  Or if you are going to cry, but want to dance to it, go for it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HazelEyes536HazelEyes536 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my dad is still alive and i cry hearing it, so theres no way if my dad died that id be able to dance to that song without crying through the whole thing!
  • Options
    Mickey080210Mickey080210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input ladies!  My mom and I will have to listen to it enough before to be a bit desensitized... but I think we'll go for it.

Congrats and good luck to all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am not familiar with that song, but personally, I don't think I could dance to too sad of a song especially on a day when emotions will be crazy! It is a really nice/appropriate idea to honor your father, consider: Josh Grobans "Forever Love" (this one is a bit sad, but somehow "inspirational". I am also having a mother-daughter dance and have chosen Carrie Underwoods "Mama's Song" which I thought was PERFECT! Good luck with everything :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would completely lose it on the day- it's so charged with emotion to begin with... if you think you can handle it, go for it.
  • Options
    Mickey080210Mickey080210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm... I read the lyrics to Mama's Song... andyou're right, Amandagk, it IS perfect...

Now it's a toss-up again!  It might be best *not* to set myself and my mom up for an emotional breakdown...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards