Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Where is everyone getting tuxedo rentals?

My fiance and I have not done this yet because I'm not sure where to go!
We had a couple guys here in the DSM area, and then a couple more up by Ames. Then we have a groomsmen in Aurora, IL and a Dad in Davenport.
I saw on Skeffington's website, that one can submit their measurements online. I just don't want to make it hard for the guys to get this done - we all know that it won't happen then!!
So there's Milroy's and Men's Wearhouse (which is sort of through David's Bridal??) and Skeffington's - That's all the places I know.
Where are you girls getting tux rentals for your guys?

Re: Where is everyone getting tuxedo rentals?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Milroys gave us a great deal!  And their warehouse is here in DSM, so if there are wrong sizes, we know we'll be able to get them corrected without a hassle. 

Milroy's has envelopes for us to send to the groomsmen (most of ours do not live in DSM, but our wedding is here).  They can go to any tailor/tux/suit shop and get their measurements done.  All they need to do is send the measurements back to Milroys, and they're pre-addressed. 

They're very helpful and have been great to work with. 
  • Options
    McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to the Tux Shop in West Des Moines ... they had TONS of styles in every color
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cbratthauercbratthauer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going through Milroys. We're up in Waterloo, and there is one here in the mall. But I did a Google search and found bridal shops in DeWitt, Davenport, Des Moines, and Clinton that also do Milroys tuxes. I called the bridal shops to make sure our guys could come get measured there, then sent each of the guys a card with the name/address of the places they could go to get measured!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    milesbellamilesbella member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Milroys as well.  FI has been in several weddings that used them and they've always turned out perfect.  I'd avoid Men's Warehouse if you can - I've heard of people having lots of problems.  We were also quoted two completely different prices for the same tux there and the saleswoman didn't like it when I questionned her on it (of course, she was wanting to charge me MORE).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we are going to use Skeffingtons in Ankeny.  My mom is using them for her wedding in June and she really liked working with them. I have heard good things about them from a couple of other people too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fi and his guys are getting their tux from Bill Meier's in Carroll.
  • Options
    ebagnallebagnall member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I fourth (can I do that?) Milroy's.  They have been awesome to work with and they gave us an awesome deal on tuxes.  Highly recommend them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards