March 2012 Weddings

Second guessing

Ok, so as I'm making decisions and booking vendors and buying items, I'm starting to second guess EVERYTHING (except, luckily, the groom!  LOL!) 
Seriously, now I feel like I picked the wrong date/time, venue, dress, colors, photog. . .evrything! 
Has anyone else had this experience where you were happy with your choices and then a week or two later start to feel like maybe they were the wrong choices?
Please tell me this is normal!

Re: Second guessing

• TOTALLY NORMAL.... well for me! I have planned 3 different types of wedding in 3 different places and 3 different these.... I keep going back and forth but trust ur 1st gut! It was 1st for a reason :) HTH
  • Everything can change...unless you've already put down a deposit, etc.

I would, maybe, make a list of the reasons you choose what you did in the first place. Maybe that would help reassure you.

With how much is on the internet now about weddings it's so hard not to second guess yourself and your choices. I'd just stick to your guns...you made the right choices!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    **Whenever I'm alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again; Whenever I'm alone with you; You make me feel like I am whole again**
  • I did this with my photog but I knew it was a mistake from the beginning.... luckily the retainer was a low fee and someone steped up and allowed us to lose it while putting that $$ towards the photog we wanted. I have had that feeling more and more now that all my vendors are booked, but I think it is because i have no idea what it will all look like together. I have a good picture in my head, but I'm more afraid its a bit more grand in my head than it will be in reality.... that scares me.....

but don't worry if you've already booked, unless it makes u super anxious then you should look for something different if it is in your budget to change. :)
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Haha! I have the same problem! I mean, I love the wedding venues we chose, and the concept for our wedding BUT I definitely second guess my choices thinking it might be easier if I had booked this venue, or if might have been easier/cheaper if I had insisted we keep the guest list to this number, and then I think "Should I have shopped around more for photogs?". Sometimes you just have to stop thinking "what if" and second guessing your choices and just go with it!
  • I agree that the internet makes me second guess.  Everyone says "once you pick something (like a dress), stop looking."  Problem is, when you're looking for other items, you see more and more of the item you're supposed to stop looking for!  For instance, I'm looking for florists now, and every picture I see of a bouquet has a bride, in a dress, holding it.  
    As for photog, I only saw 2 and now maybe I think I should have seen more.  I really like the photog I picked, but I'm wondering, as bgsft1 said, maybe I should have shopped around more.
    I also agree that picturing it all together is very difficult, which I think is also leading to my doubts.
    Oh well, I just need to breathe and trust my own judgement.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards