North Carolina
Options

NWR: Vent

So, I get a letter a couple of days ago saying that the DT services I provide would be cut for adult recipients. Ok, my clients are all younger. Well the boss calls me at 4:15, and says "Mel, I need you to come into the office as soon as you can." I get there about 4:30, with one of my DT recipients and she says "Do to the cut back in mental health services, we were notified today that ALL of the DT services will end on the last day of the month..."

NOTHING like giving a person 3 days notice that their job will be ending! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR: Vent

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what's DT.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    its "Developmental Therapy" mental health services for children and adults with special needs. We pretty much work on developmental goals, socialization, job training, etc. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's crazy, so sorry to hear that. What is DT? I don't know either, but that's awful news.
  • Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    ecuchikaecuchika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So what I'm reading is you lost your job!! Oh that is aweful...can they hook you up on unemployement?  Is that all that is done out of your facility?  Can they place you elsewhere?  Idk you location but can you go somewhere else or is this statewide everyone that does you job will have the same reaction.  I'm so sorry!! FI and  I went with him not working so I understand when a partner loses an income.

PS if you go on unemploeyment...DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get that little green debit card tell them you NEED it to be directly deposited into your personaly checking acct at your bank!! So make sure you have the routing number and the checking account number handy when you set it up. (the rounting number is on the checks not deposit slips)  That card charges you all sorts of stupid fees..it was way for NC ESC to take back money they are giving you to live on..how dumb is that!!  Oh they will most likly "lose" your direct deposit info..so you have to be on them!! They lost FI's bank account info i.e. they "lost" it..no they wanted those little fees!!

Just FYI if you have to do this.
  • Options
    wlfpkbridewlfpkbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's horrible! I'm sorry to hear about that. GL finding a new job.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh no, sorry to hear that! good luck finding another one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG...Sorry to hear the bad news.  GL!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards