Registry and Gift Forum

Thank you note question

Some of the people that attended my shower already sent me their gifts to our house. I sent them thank you notes right after I got those gifts. Do I need to send a separate thank you note for coming to the shower (they did not bring a gift to the shower).

Thanks

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Thank you note question

• Guests were invited to your shower.  They shipped gifts to your home that arrived prior to the actual shower.  As gifts arrived at your home, you opened them and sent thank you notes.  Is that correct?

If that is correct, then you have already thanked them, and don't really need to send a second note.

Although it is after the fact, my question would be why you opened gifts from guests who would be attending the shower.  Were they not disappointed when they realized you would not be opening them at the shower?
  • In Response to Re:Thank you note question:[QUOTE]Guests were invited to your shower.nbsp; They shipped gifts to your home that arrived prior to the actual shower.nbsp; As gifts arrived at your home, you opened them and sent thank you notes.nbsp; Is that correct?If that is correct, then you have already thanked them, and don't really need to send a second note.Although it is after the fact, my question would be why you opened gifts from guests who would be attending the shower.nbsp; Were they not disappointed when they realized you would not be opening them at the shower? Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

I think that would be weird unless they specifically asked her to. If I were the guest I would be wondering if she received it.
  • Mobkaz, that's correct.
    And I didn't take the gifts with me because they were shipped to me a month before the shower and they were heavy. I didn't think this was necessary. I sent thank you notes to those people and then again thanked them at the shower after we opened presents.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_thank-you-note-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:fedffb51-6c08-46e2-9151-59c4f8746613Post:a5dd3470-9c53-4eb4-94d0-4b10a37e7c1c">Re: Thank you note question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mobkaz, that's correct. And I didn't take the gifts with me because they were shipped to me a month before the shower and they were heavy. I didn't think this was necessary. I sent thank you notes to those people and then again thanked them at the shower after we opened presents.
    Posted by mandm111[/QUOTE]

Mandm....this makes more sense to me now.  I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your post.  It sounded (to me) as if you and your shower were in close proximity to each other.

We had guests ship gifts to our home, which is also where the shower was being held.  Some of the guests that shipped gifts were also attending the shower.  They chose to ship their gifts to ease their own personal transportation to the shower.  Some girls from the city took the train in to our town, so shipping their gifts made it easier for them to travel.  Other guests had large gifts shipped because it was less burdensome for them to bring.  As gifts arrived, I did email those guests to acknowledge receipt of the gifts, but left them to be opened the day of the shower.

For shipped gifts wherein the guest did not attend, we still had the bride-to-be open them at the shower.  The gift-giver enjoyed seeing a photo of the bride opening their gift, and the expression on the bride's face as she opened the gift. 

You absolutely thanked your guests more than enough. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards