April 2013 Weddings
Options

What kind of programs are you doing?

Now that the invites are out I am starting the other paper stuff that we need for the wedding.  I started designing programs on vistaprint with a purple swirly predesigned brochure.  I like them and all but I don't love them.  Anyone got any cute ideas?

Edited for spelling!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What kind of programs are you doing?

• Options
    FI and I just designed our own one day over Christmas.  I found a look I loved on Etsy and we recreated it and tweaked it to what some might call...perfection ;-)  Lol jk but yea they're pretty awesome.  We have final edits to do and then they'll be ready to print once we know how many guests to expect!
  • Options
    We're not doing actual programs. It just drives me crazy when people are constantly refering to their programs during a service/ceremony to see what's "up next".  We're putting all the important info (people, songs, etc) on a board outside the sanctuary. 
  • Options
    I was going to go with a rather simple ceremony program on an 8.5x11" sheet of paper, folded in half. I'll probably still go with the 8.5x11" size folded in half, but after meeting with our officiants this evening, I think the program might have to change a bit.

Initially, I just had the parts of the ceremony, listed along with the songs to be played and composer, then the wedding party listed by name along with their role. It looks like we're going to include a super old school catholic prayer (Hail Holy Queen) that my father taught me when I was young (he passed away in '99), which most people don't know--so we'll have to include that in the program for the entire congregation to recite.

FWIW, I am designing them in GIMP (free image editing software) and printing them out on white cardstock bought at Hobby Lobby. I'm going to score them in half with a bone folder and fold them. Simple and easy, and cheap. I like those things!
  • Options
    I'm not doing programs. Our ceremony will be very simple and we don't have a bridal party, so we didn't see the need for programs.
  • Options
    We are not doing programs. Our ceremony is going to be 15-20 minutes and we did not want to spend the time or money on something like this.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are doing simple 8.5X11 folded programs. I'm designing them myself in word.

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Uhh, not quite sure how I managed to double post 12 hours later...
  • Options
    No programs for us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Options
    I made my own and it's 5 inches by 11. It's just made of cardstock with a ribbon at the top, it's cute! Has all the basic information that people can check out before the ceremony, but not enough where they'll be looking at it instead of us during the ceremony. I didn't want to spend money on a program, so I was happy a program at my work allowed me to make a cute one!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're keeping it very simple. 8 1/2 by 11 paper (slightly heavier linen stock), folded in half, hole punched with a ribbon tied to make it a little fancy. I designed it in word myself. The front is our logo with just "a celebration of marriage," our names, and then the church and the date. Inside left is a list of the VIPs (parents, grandparents, bridal party, readers, musicians, officiant), right is the order of the service, back is just a little thank you, our logo again, and a quote from an Avett Brothers song that we adore.
  • Options
    April 26th twin! Hi! These are the inspiration for our programs- I love adding little touches everywhere so it's worth it to me. Plus gives the guests something to look at while they're waiting.

158 Invited image | 68 will be there image |6 can't make it image | 84 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: 4/6/13
    4/26/13 March Siggy Challenge: Bridesmaid Dresses

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am doing fans since the reception is outdoors. One side is our custom sugarskull and the other side will have the info.
  • Options
    We did a chalkboard program to put in the entry way....
  • Options
    No programs here. It's going to be a relatively short, non-religious ceremony so we don't figure a program is necessary. Plus I'm lazy and cheap. We will have introductions for the WP at the reception, so people will know them! Maybe we should also intro the parents...hmm.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    So ready to bring our families together and PARTY on April 13th, 2013!
    image 225 Invited
    image 53 Are ready to party!
    image 18 Will be missing out!
    image 154 Are MIA!
    Reply requested by March 23.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards