Colorado-Denver

Cost of alcohol

We are planning having a guest list around 150. We wil be supplying wine and beer only and purchasing from costco. Any idea how much we should buy and the roughy estimate of the cost?

Re: Cost of alcohol

• We are going through Apple Jacks (but maybe we should think of Costco!) and also only supplying wine and beer for a wedding of 50. We met with one of the party planners at Apple Jacks and they said to estimate one drink an hour per person and estimate a serving time of four hours. We are planning to overshoot a bit because you can return any unused alcohol to Apple Jacks for a refund, but that at least gave us a ballpark.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_cost-of-alcohol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:da97b072-cdf0-4a36-be95-d52308eb8d96Post:47cf8f49-f2bb-48ec-a30c-e3bb83b33ccb">Re: Cost of alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are going through Apple Jacks (but maybe we should think of Costco!) and also only supplying wine and beer for a wedding of 50. We met with one of the party planners at Apple Jacks and they said to estimate one drink an hour per person and estimate a serving time of four hours. We are planning to overshoot a bit because you can return any unused alcohol to Apple Jacks for a refund, but that at least gave us a ballpark.
    Posted by goodmanr[/QUOTE]

That's great. I had no idea that they had party planners. I may have to check that out. Thanks so much!
  • We purchased beer/wine through a local liquor store also.  They had a beverage manager or some such title that we worked with.  He was able to estimate how much we would need, and then anything not used and unopened we were able to return/refund.

Maybe Costco can offer the same?
  • So i would need 320 drinks minimum for 80 people? That sounds like a lot, but I guess that is a good average! That sounds like a lot of money! A 24 pack of Coors Light (the cheaper beer) at Costco cost $18, so thats $180 for 240 drinks. Do they sell mini bottles of wine at Costco?
  • We just placed our order for alcohol yesterday at Apple Jacks, and just to compare, a 24 pack of coors light there is &16.99, so $1 cheaper than Costco. Not much of a savings, but if Costco doesn't let you return what you purchase if it's not used, Apple Jacks would seem a better option. Also just did some wine testing from AJ-- we ended up liking the Rex Golliath brand they sell-- and that's just $4.99 a bottle. Good luck!
  • We went through Tipsy's, and they had an event manager who was able to estimate numbers for us.  We added some things to get variety and because my dad was worried about running out, and we ended up having way more than enough (full bar for over 60 people for under $1300).  We have several bottles of wine leftover as well as some mixers, beer, and gin, but it's ours to keep, or we could have returned it.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards