Connecticut

Bridal Shower Venues

Ok so who has some good ideas for a place for a family/friends Bridal shower....

girls night out is a different date....

looking for a brunch/lunch venue thats pretty....nothing over the top or overly expensive......just really cant seem to come up with anything.......

i'd like it close to the Waterbury area but I am not going to be picky lol
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridal Shower Venues

• I live in the Waterbury/Cheshire area and I am having my shower at the Farms Country Club in Wallingford. If you are deep into the downtown part of Waterbury, it might be a bit farther than you'd like to go. But for me - I'm on the outskirts of Waterbury, so it's like 15-20 mins away (plus the Farms is a short drive for many of my shower guests). I like the Farms because they offer brunch but also offer a "luncheon" type of meal - it's actually a sit-down plated meal instead of a buffet. Most bridal showers that I have been to are buffet (which is fine, I've always liked buffet food at a shower) but my sisters are throwing the shower and they liked the idea of a plated meal. Prices are reasonable and it is a pretty location - nothing over-the-top in terms of the view/scenery, but pretty.  As far as shower locations in Waterbury itself, I wish I could be more helpful but I'm honestly not too familiar with places in Wtby!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Thanks a bunch. I am actually from Wolcott but most of my guests would be coming from Waterbury/Watertown so Wallingford isnt to far at all. Thanks for the info. I will look into it :)

I also like the plated idea too!!!! 

Have a good one :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing mine at the Waterbury Country Club because I ove the location and because its right off 84. Depending on the size that you are having you can use La Tovala Restaraunt in Waterbury, fabulous Italian!
  • Ok I know this is no where near waterbury but we are using biagettis in west haven. They have amazing Italian food and a very good price. For lunch its 17.95 per person. They also offer brunch I think but I don't know the price. Also John Davenport's in new haven has a really good Sunday brunch. It's 27 a person but I don't know if they will cut it down for a bigger group. It's on the top of the Omni hotel and is all windows. Best view in new haven.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Biagettis food. We actually just went there while home for my fiances birthday!!!!

Thanks for the idea. I wasnt even thinking restuarants.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards