New York-New York City

Sunday Wedding

What time do you start a sunday wedding? 4? 5? 6? A lot of the people are in their 40's, 50's and 60's. Thanks!

Re: Sunday Wedding

• edited December 2011
    I have a lot of older guests.  I'm doing 4-10 pm on Sun June 6

4 pm - Invitation time
    4:30 pm - actual ceremony time
    5-6 pm - cocktail hour
    6-10 pm - reception

I didn't want a majority of my older guests to leave early and miss the cake, etc just because they have to go to work on Monday morning.  A good portion of our guests live within an hour or so from the venue (in West Orange, NJ).  We're providing a bus to/from NYC, as well.  So those guests will be back in the city by 10:30 pm.

I figured 10 pm was a good end time on a Sunday night and still get everyone home at a reasonable hour.
    ~ Daryl Now I'm a real NJ housewife...
  • edited December 2011
    40s-60s isn't old, give your guests some credit.  If work is an issue the next day, then you may want to plan accordingly unless it's a holiday weekend.  Mine will be on a holiday weekend, but even if it wasn't, we'd have kept the same scedule.

3pm ceremony start (diff location)
    4:45pm cocktails
    5:45-10:15pm reception

I agree that 10pm is fine; I've been to a few Sunday weddings with work the next day and felt fine.  Otherwise, you can opt for 9pm and adjust your day accordingly.
  • edited December 2011
    I started mine at 4:30.  Originally it was scheduled for 4, but we moved it because it was outside and were concerned with it still being too hot then. Our reception ended at 10pm too and then we had an optional afterparty at the same venue for people who wanted to stay later.
  • nbermnberm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where is your wedding in West Orange? I am getting married on a Sunday too in West Orange in November and hav eit scheduled from 4-10 as well. Not too late, not too early.
  • edited December 2011
    Pleasantdale Chateau
    ~ Daryl Now I'm a real NJ housewife...
  • edited December 2011

I'm doing 3-9 pm on Sunday May 22, 2011

3 pm - invitation time
    3:30 pm - ceremony time
    4-5 pm - cocktail hour
    5-9 pm - reception

I have alot of guests that there only day off is Sunday. Didn't want it to end to early or to late.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards