Not Engaged Yet
Options

He is teasing me

I found out that BF already has the ring. He told me in November, but I thought he was just joking around. He told me again last month that he does have the ring, but that he didn't have it on him at that current moment. I'm going to assume that the ring is not in the house because I'm the one that cleans (and would probably find it or I might try and look for it.)

For the past couple weeks, he has been telling me to go the the bridal thing this weekend(he even mentioned it more than a few times in a day). We eventually decided that I wasn't going to go because it's downtown and I don't really want to drive downtown..especially with crazy brides. And then he tells me, "Now you can prepare for the one next month!" There is another bridal thing next month and it's about 10 minutes away from where I live. Now he keeps telling me to go to that one.

In other news, I am feeling better for the most part. Although now a new part of my body is hurting. :( On the left side of my body, part of my ribs and the side of my chest. Hopefully that goes away soon. But I haven't had a mirgaine in a couple days and my stomach has been feeling better.
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 

Re: He is teasing me

• Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's exciting...but also such a tease!! I'd hate if BF did that to me but it's still exciting!!  Do you know what the ring looks like, by chance, or is a surprise?

Glad you're feeling better too!

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    MidniteRaeMidniteRae member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I know is that it's not yellow gold. But I don't know if it's white gold, silver, or platinum. It's a surprise
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad you're feeling better!

Knowing he has the ring is so exciting but I think I would kick BFs butt if he teased me like that! ;-)

image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you're feeling better?  Let's hope your ring includes a Helzberg Diamond (TM) otherwise you will be shunned.  SHUNNED.
    TTC since 07/11 Me: 32 AO PCOS/DH: 32 Lowish count/motility IUI#1-3 = BFN (Clomid, Clomid-->Femara, Injects) IVF#1 ER on 9/24 19 ER/19 M/9 F w/ICSI Transferred a 5AA and a 5BB on 9/29 Beta 10/9 = 139 Beta 10/11 = 287
    imageimageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

My Blog

• Options
    edited December 2011
    And I don't remember what we were talking about tonight that brought this up( I think I saw a David's Bridal commercial), but he said it will happen sooner than I think.
    gr...I hate being teased..
  • Options
    paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I feel your pain! I don't know if my BF has a ring or not but he teased me non-stop for DAYS around the holidays. It's driving me crazy! 

Glad you're feeling better! Are you the one with the rebound migraines? I had an IV once of a migraine medication once (forget which one) to stop a rebound migraine - and woke up a day later with a headache! Hang in there. There are so many meds on the market - hopefully something will work for you!

I was about to ask about the Helzberg thing. Then I saw the lovely wallpaper. You just get so used to the logo that you don't even see it anymore!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes I am. My sophomore year in highschool, I was in the hospital for my migraines and had a IV with medication to make it go away. I now have prescribed narcotics to take when I have a migraine
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Migraines are such awful creatures. Mine disppeared one day with no explanation. I hope you are able to find some peace! With the BF too! What a tease.... :) Maybe he's been waiting until you feel better.

• Options
    katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    obviously i'm going to get a helzberg diamond - i mean, look at the browser background, OMG
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better!!!

My FI teased me slightly too. Not as bad as your bf but enough to be annoying. We were talking one day about timelines and he just looks at me and says, "it's coming, don't worry" which was fine but then he says, "did you ever think that I might already have bought the ring?" So then I was trying really hard not to tear apart the house looking for it. Turns out, no he hadn't bought it at that point but he was planning on buying it the next day.

I hope your bf pops the question soon!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My BF tells me to close my eyes... so I do... then I open them, and he's on one knee... TYING HIS SHOE.

He knows what he's doing. Loser.

Also, migraines are really terrible.  I feel for you.  I get them too.  I tried this medicine that really worked, but it was ridiculously expensive, so I'm just back to turning off the lights and sulking all day.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Narwhal - That is AWFUL! :) Your BF takes teasing to a whole new level. I'm laughing and groaning at the same time. What a dork! :) But I can see mine doing that...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't ask him anymore.  He'll freak and propose.

Tootles!

Got kids?
    http://www.marryyourbabydaddy.com

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_teasing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:ce26ab41-8055-4890-9887-944c9ad75fd9Post:887f3ec1-fb2c-4362-a6ee-930213de10aa">Re: He is teasing me</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't ask him anymore.  He'll freak and propose. Tootles! Got kids? <a href="http://www.marryyourbabydaddy.com" rel="nofollow">http://www.marryyourbabydaddy.com</a>
    Posted by Havelynn[/QUOTE]

I didn't ask him...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards