Rhode Island

Ceremony & Reception with an Inn?

This is my first post on this board.  We moved to Rhode Island a year ago and are looking to have our wedding here (our families are all from the midwest, so it's a flight out here for everyone).  We wanted to keep it here since many of our family members have never seen where we live.  It will be extremely small, perhaps 20-30 people.

I'm trying to find a place we can have the reception, ceremony, and have our guests stay.  I'm just having trouble finding such a place.  I found many in Massachusetts, but I'd really prefer to stay nearby.  The cost isn't really a concern since it's such a small wedding.  

Have any of you ladies come across any place that fits the bill anywhere in Rhode Island?  Thanks in advance.

Re: Ceremony & Reception with an Inn?

• Newport will have various options at any of the hotels or restaurants. There is also the Weekapaug Inn in Westerly which reopening that may be worth looking into. There is the Ocean House in Watch Hill too. You could do it in Providence too, depends on the atmosphere you want.
  • What about Whispering Pines Conference Center?  I stayed there once for a conference but I know they do many weddings.  The grounds are beautiful and the food is really really good.  http://www.uri.edu/ajc/wpines/
  • I second Whispering Pines. The grounds are beautiful!!
  • The Chanler in Newport
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_ceremony-reception-with-an-inn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:fcd9d529-67d3-48c5-9af7-cd3ee90f55eaPost:f9a66dd6-2de5-4ece-bb7d-2d1c26bdf9b8">Re: Ceremony & Reception with an Inn?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Chanler in Newport
    Posted by ghowlett[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for all the options :)  I feel so overwhelmed trying to plan in a place I haven't lived in long.</div>
  • I am getting married at Bristol Harbor Inn and DeWolf Tavern. Gorgeous!!!
  • The pictures Ive seen for the Bristol Harbour InN looked really nice but I kept myself from going due to I knew it wouldnt fit all our people. Depending on the vibe you could do providence also. Hotel Providence or something but then youd prob have to deal with paying for parking. Making a list of places researching to narrow some down then go visit. It will work out. Have fun choosing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with Bristol Harbor Inn. This was a close runner up for us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards