Registry and Gift Forum

Previously married and living together for years...register?

i'm not sure of the "proper" ettiquette for my situation.  i have been married once before, many years ago and only for 4 years.  my fiance and i have dated for years and have lived together for 3 years and we have a child together.  we're both in our 30s with jobs.  should we register for anything? 

Re: Previously married and living together for years...register?

• I think that it's fine to create a small registry if there are things you want (don't make one for the sake of making one).  I'm guessing that many of your guests will want to get you a gift and will appreciate guidance from a registry.
  • I was married 7 years ago for less than a year and I have a child from that marriage.  FI and I have been living together for 3+ years and we own a home together.  We registered.  We have a rather large registry also (enough for guests in all price ranges).  It is his first marriage.  I was told it is not a faux pas.

June 1, 2013 - finally making it official!

• Just register for things you would like to update in your house...towels, bedding, maybe some new decor? It doesnt have to be a huge list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards