Hawaii

The Incredible Shrinking Bride-to-be!

I posted this in the Getting In Shape board, but I wanted to share this with my HI brides too :-)

Yesterday I had a follow up dress fitting from Friday and talk about a confidence boost through the roof!

On Friday I went to see my seemstress with my corset as per her instructions and after the lacing and the sinching in I slipped on my dress only to discover that the corset made me TOO SMALL for my dress. Jacquie would have to take the dress IN like 4-5in! Needless to say I was grinning like a fool b/c as of a month ago I couldn't even close the damn contraption! She had me try on the dress again in my regular skivies (no foundation garmets, just plain bra and panties) and the dress is STILL too big! We made a follow up appt for yesterday with instructions to bring in strapless bra and spanx (what I wore the first time I saw her in June).

I arrive at her shop in the requested skivies and slip the dress on yet again and knowing its too big she goes to work pinning it in, she has to bring the dress IN another 1.5-2in :-) She told me I can afford to drop another 5lbs before I shrink myself out of my dress without enough time to fix it. I go see her again in 2wks which will be my absolute last chance to see if everything went ok with the alteration. We leave 3wks after that, but as her schedule is beyond full she said she has to be done with my dress by the 1st of Sept b/c she is jam packed with fall weddings and other events. The funny thing is she will be in HI the same time as me, arriving the day after our wedding lol we are going to dinner or something b/c the woman is just too awesome not to hangout with lol. Just wanted to share my happy news. This was the extra boost I needed to stay motivated! I just have to maintain until the wedding and then I can get back in the full swing of project "shrink me" lol. I told FI he's lucky to be locking me down before I go all super hot body on him lol his reply was "I better go buy some potato sacks for your new wardrobe" lmao, love this guy so much I'm gonna marry him hee!

Thanks for reading my mini novel!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Incredible Shrinking Bride-to-be!

• That's awesome!  You must be sooo excited!  Congratulations!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Congrats! That's great!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow!  What an accomplishment!  You should be super proud of yourself -- it's not easy to achieve that kind of progress, and seeing it play out in something like the way your wedding gown fits must be so rewarding!  Nice job!
  • Thats so great! Go you!
  • thank you all so much for the showering of love and congrats :-D I feel great and now I am starting to look as good as I feel ;-) 

@FutureMrsBrando: I ordered the corset online. After HOURS of research I found a great company based out of London called Corset Story. I ordered one of the authentic steel boned badass corsets lol Here's the link! http://www.corset-story.com/ They always have 3 for 2 sale so don't feel like you're gonna miss it if you don't buy now. The corset is amazing, and now I can check off some of my wedding lingere ;-) They have tons of styles and designs. You order according to your waist measurement so make sure it's spot on. One bit of advice: if you don't have one buy yourself a small 3 or 4mm corchet needle for the front hooks just in case. I had to have FI close it on me (he didn't need the hook b/c he's "a man with big muscles" lol his words, but I can vouch for the muscles LOL) in the front b/c with the steel boning there is NO give when trying to close the front hooks, I couldn't get it done by myself and since you need someone to cinch you in for the lacing in the back it's a two person job all around lol. The curvy figure you get is so hot you might start a fire so be careful ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You crack me up! Love it! I will check them out for sure :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards