Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Ceremony readings

Who traditionally does the ceremony readings? I am thinking I only want 2; I was going to have my 2 sisters do the readings but they are bridesmaids and my mom said bridesmaids typically aren't supposed to do the ceremony readings.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Ceremony readings

• You can have whoever you want do readings. But since your sisters are already BMs could be a nice way to honor someone else who is close to you but not in the WP.

• We had a Catholic wedding ceremony, so we had 2 family friends do the first 2 readings and then of course, the priest read the 3rd.

I agree with pp. I would try to ask mutual family friends and not BM's since they will already be by your side and want to be posed for pics, etc. If not, your church or officiant may have some ideas of people you could ask or hire.
  • Some religious ceremonies require that the reader be a member of the congregation or a member of the faith.  But other than that you can do what you want. 
  • I agree too.  WP could do it but it is nice to include others in readings.  If you don't have a large guest list and you don't have others offering to do it then have the BM's do it.  My mom really wanted to do a reading, so how could I say no to her?  If no one else steps up to do it them, or declines your offer then you are free to choose who you like.
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We want our mothers to do our readings. We thought it would be a great way for them to take an active role in the ceremony itself, since they'll be right alongside us for all of the planning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards