Sports Weddings
Options

Red Sox Theme Wedding

I am recently engaged and going through the planning stages...We would love to get married at Fenway Park, but just the room rental is 4,000 not including anything!! So, I was thinking that I could have a Red sox theme, but I am not sure what I should do for the center pieces...I want it to be classy and not too cheesy...and I also want it to be cost effective too..aqny suggestions would be great!!!

Re: Red Sox Theme Wedding

• Options
    well you should look up baseballrose on google--but is not like that is cost effective. What about painting the B on clear or white vases or on flower pots and putting flowers in red white or blue on top. What about using tall cylander vases and putting twigs inside then hanging beads from the twigs: for example red all the way down to the bottom where you could put a baseball bead (you can get them at oriental trading). What about using very low like flower box but square containers and putting a bed of white carnations on top then placing a baseball glove holding a ball. This looks pretty nice:

http://n-joyevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Centerpiece.jpg

if i think of others i will post. Good luck!
  • Options

so im sitting here watching the sox and thought what about red vases, white flowers (the cheapest you can get) and put a the B in the middleof the flowers  almost sitting on top of the flowers .

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_um89hjT8ZfM/Syzz-z2p8NI/AAAAAAAAAME/imS5qr8pKfU/NY%20Yankees%20and%20Boston%20Red%20Sox%20wedding%20cake%20toppers_thumb%5B3%5D.jpg

obviously not the yankees one yuck!   :)

haha i hope im helping -- good luck!

• Options
    We actually had a Red Sox theme wedding last year.  Not sure if you have a place, but we used the Shaw's Center in Brockton.  Our photog blogged about it and there are a few pics, but none of the centerpieces.  We went really simple with them & had a single red rose & baby's breath in a vase and the table numbers were on pennants that came out of the vases.  We also had 2 bottles of Red Sox wine on each table.
    If you have any questions, let me know... we had a blast pulling the theme together :)

The blog is here if you are interested.

• Options
    tibird -- where did you get pennants? were they big or a smaller size? & were they plain color?

i have been looking for plain color smaller ones but can't find any.

thanks
    -- Shane & Kristen <33 --<br>Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Hello!
    Wonderful hearing about more Red Sox themed weddings!! I'm not planning an exact Red Sox themed wedding.. but we will have various artificats throughout the reception and day that will tie the theme together! First off, my STD's are DIY Red Sox Tickets with our E-Picture on them :) My Mom will be making a Red Sox garter for the toss. Instead of the traditional guest book or framed E-picture we are getting a custom made Sox jersey with our married name on the back and our wedding date as the # for guests to sign... Our cake topper is a bride at bat and teh groom pitching!! I want to keep my wedding as elegant and traditional as possible, but with a few modern and unexpected surprises!!! AAAAND since i've told you all my secrets.... goood luck with planning yours!!! :)

PS- I immediately looked at Fenway Park... way too expensive and the food didn't look like traditional wedding food anyway!!!

Wally the Green Monster will come to your wedding for 1/2 hour for $350. and sign autographs... haha. i am NOT doing this... but... it's always an option for a fun E-Party surprise!!!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well Im having a baseball theme as well, but my fiance is the Red Sox fan and I am a Yankees fan so I know that sounds crazy but whatever!

For my centerpieces I am using wheat grass with mini baseball bats glued together around a vase and white hydrangas (you could use carnations) on top to look like a baseball.
  • Options
    I'm not exactly having a red socks wedding, but a baseball wedding none the less. We are using big vases, filled with baseballs and flowers on top. We also doing very simple things like filling up small 5 inch tall vases with peanuts and a candle in the middle!

also, check out party city, TONS of basball goodies you can be creative with!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards