Missouri-St Louis
Options

Over-stressed already....HELP!!

Ok, so I'm recently engaged and we have picked a date in August 2012. I've just started planning and we have a bit of a tight budget. I have a few ideas of the ceremony and reception sites and possibly the kind of flowers I would like, but that's about it. 

I'm having trouble trying to pick the colors. My FI and I like blue, so that's going to be a main color. I'm not sure what other colors go well with blue. I'm thinking of a sky blue, since the wedding will be in the summer, and I found these blue tiger lillies that I fell in love with. I have a picture of a possible bouquet idea that I found at the store, but I don't want it to be just white roses and blue tiger lillies. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

What do you think? What other colors/flowers would you add to it?
Mrs. Parker

Re: Over-stressed already....HELP!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a soft yellow since it's summer? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to stay in cooler tones you can use purple- there are tons of purple flowers of varying sizes that might add interest to the bouquet.
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, remember that if there's a color that flowers don't really come in you can use complementary colors instead of having everything match perfectly.  
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Options
    aragx6aragx6 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're planning to use a florist, I would make an appointment to discuss it. They have a ton of expertise in knowing what looks good together and thhey'll be able to work within your budget.

As for colors as a whole, I would start looking at wedding blogs to get an idea of what you like -- I love stylemepretty.com and ruffledblog.com but there's about a billion of them.
    Lizzie
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards