Oklahoma

Philbrook versus Dresser Mansion HELP!!!!

Hey there!

I'm planning a destination wedding from Hawaii to Tulsa for this coming October and I need some input. Needless to say, I am new to the bored:)

Here's the deal. I'm probably going to have about 10 guests since I want a very intimate wedding. I've contacted both places, the Philbrook and Dresser Mansion. I love the look of the Philbrook but also like the intimacy of the Dresser Mansion. I've thought about having the ceremony at the Philbrook and a wedding dinner at the Dresser Mansion but don't want to pay for double fees for separate locations.  Since I'm far away and have been going by pictures, are there any feedbacks that you ladies can provide on these places that may push me to pick a spot already since time is ticking?

Thank you!

Re: Philbrook versus Dresser Mansion HELP!!!!

• RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    They are visually both beautiful places.  I believe Philbrook can handle more people than Dresser can, plus with Dresser you have to provide your own caterer.  The restaurant at Philbrook is excellent, and will cater there.  The museum part of Philbrook provides more in the way of entertainment during the cocktail hour and reception, as guests can mingle and look at the artwork.  Dresser has way less of this kind of thing.  Both have attractive outdoor areas that you can use, but Philbrook is way bigger, and I think I like it more.  Philbrook has an Italian villa design, and Dresser is more American.  If you're getting married in a warm season, the gardens at Philbrook are beautiful. Both are really nice venues and you probably can't go wrong with either, it just depends on what you're looking for and what size your event is.  HTH
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I toured Dresser Mansion a couple weeks ago. We had high hopes for the place and we're disappointed. It looks rundown in several areas. The furniture is worn, windows don't close, the sidewalks outside need repair and there is just a general air of the place being in need of more upkeep. If you're planning on doing an outdoor wedding (which my fiance and I are) the courtyard is nice but backs up to the street and unless you want to come down a flight of stairs in your dress you have to walk across a gravel driveway.
    I would recommend Philbrook because it is meticulously cared for and as previously stated, their catered food is GREAT. Also, their gardens can't be beat. The whole place would make a great back drop for your wedding.

I hope this helped!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much ladies! I've actually decided to go with the Philbrook for the ceremony and am in the works with the Mayo hotel for a mini wedding dinner in one of their ballrooms. Happy wedding planning to you all :)
  • RebeccaB88RebeccaB88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    FYI, I know a few people that have been less than impressed with the service at the Mayo for the type of event you're doing, saying that it's more flash than substance.  Honestly, I'd do it all at Philbrook. The food is awesome and there is plenty of room for everything you want to do.  Beautiful site for photography as well.  I would do it myself but it's out of my budget.
  • edited December 2011
    You are lucky if you can afford the $10,000 rental of the Philbrook.  I wanted a wedding there but can't afford it.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the feedback ladies! I've secured a spot with both the Philbrook and The Mayo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards