Students
Options

XP: Wedding date bad luck?!

What are your opininons on this?
We picked June 21, 2014 - basically I gave B a couple of dates and that's the one he chose.
I literally just found out that that is the day my parents got married on. Ordinarily I would think that this was good luck, but they divorced when I was two.
However they are still good friends and have a good relationship.

Do you think that this date would be a sign of bad luck because they are divorced?

Re: XP: Wedding date bad luck?!

• Options
    I think that it is only a sign of bad luck if you are supersitious and believe that sort of thing. Personally, I don't think there is a problem with it. I kind of doubt that anybody would/will/does remember your parents marriage date since they are divorced, especially if you only just found out. I would also personally find it kind of odd to get married the same day your parenst did, if they were still married.

This is just me, however, and if you are superstitious about it and feel it is bad luck I think you definitely have enough time to still pick another date. Once you are married you are kind of stuck with the date so if you feel that it will kind of hang over head then perhaps you should pick another date. Again, you are still far enough away that you can switch dates if you want and nobody will know the difference.

Good luck to you :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the PP. It if bothers you, there's time to choose a different date. If not, I wouldn't worry about it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • Options
    If it bothers you, don't do it but I don't think it's bad luck.

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    My boyfriend and I just ordered a ring with his mom's engagement diamond set into it, despite the fact that his parents are divorced.  They are still friendly, and it's a family heirloom either way.  I don't think the date would be bad luck, but at the same time, if it makes YOU uncomfortable, then maybe you should pick another day.
  • Options
    I personally would not do it. My parents are divorced and I am striving to not use anything form their wedding in ours. My mom pushed for me to wear her dress, veil, head piece, etc. but I kinda had to tell her that I think it is bad luck to use something from a failed marriage. This is just my opinion but if it worries you switch. You have plenty of time to change your mind.
  • Options
    I would change the date immediately. My parents are divorced to and I'm avoiding everything that can be related to either of their weddings (they both remarried after and divorced their new partners by now). I almost moved my date because my mother just remarried again in June, the month I'm getting married in. If you're even thinking about this and it makes you uncomfortable, change it. You will be happier in the end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards