Michigan-Northern
Options

Traverse City Bachelorette Party Ideas Needed

I am the Maid of Honor...looking to throw a great party for my best friend!  She wants a girls weekend in Traverse City, her wedding is @ The Homestead in July 2011...and neither one of us are from Northern Michigan.  HELP!

Looking for accomodation recommendations, wine tours/guides (Old Mission Pen), and best time...May or June is our target.  Also...any overall recommendations of "must do's"?

Thank you!
Gladys12

Re: Traverse City Bachelorette Party Ideas Needed

• Options
    edited December 2011

I would come up in May, there's less tourist traffic then.

Red Ginger is a great place to eat, and you can easily rent a limo and winery-hop. Here's a great list of Leelanau and Old Mission wineries: http://www.traversecity.com/wine-country-18/

Grand Traverse Resort & Spa is a great place to stay, you could spend an afternoon in the spa, but I would really recommend a B&B. There's some beautiful ones up here, and breakfast is always a plus.

Sun yourself at Sleeping Bear Dunes- pack a picnic basket w/ wine, cheese, and chocolates and lay out on the beach. That's my "must-do".

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Grand Traverse Resort & Spa-- helloooooooo, SPA :D Also, my absolute favorite restaurant in TC is the Red Mesa Grill, fantastic authentic Mexican, peruvian, brazillian food(so good!) and excellent margaritas. If you girls like to dance, there's a great club called The Terminal, I had a lot of fun I would def. reccommend it. And of course there's the mall, should you be so inclined. But, for a really unique experience I'd definately take a walk down front street and visit the small local shops-- Higher Grounds Trading is a really neat free-trade place. The best pizza place I've ever been to?? It's called Pangea. It's a local place, and if you're gonna go on a Friday night make your reservations IN ADVANCE. They are, however, WELL worth the wait. :D

Hope you gals have fun in our neck of the woods! And if you're going to be up during the Cherry Festival, definately make hotel reservations far in advance and expect lots of traffic-- both car and pedestrian.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    www.studiosfitness.com  Hosting Bachelorette parties!  Fun for any size/age group.  They have a beautiful studio in the Warehouse District in downtown Traverse City. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pavlova Salon and Spa in downtown Traverse City offers a Chocolate, Martini, and Pedicure party for these types of evernts.

Dinner or lunch at Red Ginger is awesome.  So is Phil's on Front; the Bayleaf; Harrington's by the Bay;

Celtic Tours does wine tours

Jolly Pumpkin on Old Mission Peninsula has a brewery and wine tasting
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards