Hawaii

Beach House Rental in Kauai

We are looking into having a simple wedding at the beach, followed by a dinner at a restaurant, followed by drinks, music etc at a rented house where we stay at. we will be approx. 15 people but I need ideas for a restaurant and a (beach) house that we can rent. Ideally we'd like to be in Hanalei, Ceremony, restaurant and house should be close by.

I'm not sure where to look for reasonable beach house rentals or wedding locations. Please Help!

Re: Beach House Rental in Kauai

• check out www.vrbo.com or www.airbnb.com

we find a great lady on Oahu where we're renting ours. But I definitely communicated with some sketchy sounding people before finding her. Folks who were evasive in answering my bazillion questions as a nervous bride planning from 4000+ miles away... who took days to respond to emails.  But I found a lady who was very reassuring and helpful! Sent me a 4 page word document of local places to hit up, recommended caterers, etc.

We looked at doing Kauai initially but couldn't find a house for the size of our party, that accomodated our budget. LOTS of beautiful ones though!! Good luck! 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- While trying on a wedding dress, I asked my 3 year old niece what she thought. She responded "where are your glass slippers?"
  • Hey Cass! is it possible for you to share that lady's info? I'm also looking for rental locations in honolulu.. thanks!Laughing
  • Check out Oceanfront Realty. In the research I've done for my own Kauai wedding, I've learned that some rental houses don't allow receptions/celebrations. I've also noticed many of the restaurants on the north shore serve tapas, are open for a bit at lunch then open again for dinner, or are just open for dinner. We're considering Postcards Cafe in Hanalei. Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards