Catholic Weddings

Flowers made into rosary

Hi everyone,
I am looking to have some of my flowers made into a rosary and was curious if anyone had used any companies to do this before.

So far I have looked at - 

It seemed like most it didn't matter what color your flower... they just I guess dyed them or processed them all the same color - except for rosariesfromflowers.com and I kind of like the idea of them retaining the same color vs being made all into the same color. Any suggestions or advice will be appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Flowers made into rosary

• I can't imagine anything in worse taste.

Your bio indicates you are a vendor.  reported
  • I'm not... I really am not. If I was a vendor I wouldn't have posted multiple other sites. So confused.
  • You sure closed that bio with all the customer raves quite quickly!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_flowers-made-into-rosary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:fe8a016b-f49c-48e0-a53c-7e1e16f623dePost:679619b7-b45b-4bad-9f52-3a38fe1bdc2e">Re: Flowers made into rosary</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not... I really am not. If I was a vendor I wouldn't have posted multiple other sites. So confused.
    Posted by FutureMrsMiller25[/QUOTE]

The only posts you have made in over a month have been selling WR things
  • Yea.. Because I got married in May. When I was planning my wedding I posted a lot of planning stuff. Now I am wrapping up stuff... like having my bouquet made into a rosary... and earlier I made some of the flowers into an ornament... which I was trying to post into the DIY board but I couldn't get it to work...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_flowers-made-into-rosary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:fe8a016b-f49c-48e0-a53c-7e1e16f623dePost:ce7e2b09-0590-448f-8821-167f7f7717e8">Re: Flowers made into rosary</a>:
    [QUOTE]You sure closed that bio with all the customer raves quite quickly!
    Posted by ootmother2[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm not sure what that means... I've posted my reviews of my vendors and selling my left over things the past few months. I don't know what kind of vendor this makes me...</div>
  • I didn't get the OP is a vendor at all.

And I don't know why rosaries from flowers are in poor taste...

Sorry, OP, I haven't done this yet, so I don't know which company would be best.  But I think it's a great idea.

SaveSave
  • edited July 2012
    Thanks. I searched the knot and it seemed most girls were talking about rosariesfromflowers.com (though no one had actually used it except one girl who hadn't gottne it back yet) and like I mentioned above I liked that they retained the color of the petals so I'm mailing them flowers today. I'll try to remember to post for everyone how it turns out - it takes awhile for them to make it. I thought it'd be a nice keep sake (maybe something borrowed for a daughter someday!)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_flowers-made-into-rosary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:fe8a016b-f49c-48e0-a53c-7e1e16f623dePost:20e82dde-d870-4be4-a2dd-7054557616d5">Re: Flowers made into rosary</a>:
    [QUOTE]I didn't get the OP is a vendor at all. And I don't know why rosaries from flowers are in poor taste... Sorry, OP, I haven't done this yet, so I don't know which company would be best.  But I think it's a great idea.
    Posted by monkeysip[/QUOTE]

I agree and was planning on doing this as well.  I don't think it is poor taste at all.  I can't wait to see what people are using.  I believe Tami ordered one.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • chelseamb11chelseamb11 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    OOT why is a rosary made from the flowers of your wedding bouquet in such poor taste?  And I agree, I don't think she's a vendor. A vendor wouldn't be posting their competition in a post.
    And last time I checked it wasn't against TOS to sell your wedding items after your wedding.

OP, I haven't used any of those but it seems like such an awesome idea! I wish I had used flowers that could work in one of those.  But I also have my great grandmother's rosary, so I'm content with that :)
  • We had a thread about this the other day, but I think it got eaten.  I think the only place anyone here had used was rosariesfromflowers.

Please do come back and let us know how it turns out, and maybe we can add a section to the CW website so other people can use them!
    Anniversary

• Teehee. A "rose"ary. I like it ;-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tami87Tami87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Yes I ordered mine from http://www.rosariesfromflowers.com/. It will be a while but I will be sure to post when I get them back. I also liked the idea of being able to keep the flower color.

I am not sure why some feel this is in poor taste, obviously I do not feel this way.
  • Good idea OP and Tami!  My MIL had hung my bouquet to dry in the basement, it's been down there for over a year and I have no idea what to do with it... I think I'll go this route!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards