Getting in Shape
Options

Workout Accountability: Tuesday

Hope I'm not stepping on any toes by starting this thread today. I am about to head off to a conference and won't be on line for the rest of the day.

Yesterday wasn't that good food wise I went about 200 calories over my limit, today I will do better.

Woke up this morning intending to go for a job along the Thames but it was too cold and rainy. I'm a wuss. Hit the elliptical at the gym instead for 3 miles. It was good as I will be sedentary the rest of the day.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday

• Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I love it when people are up before me! :)  Not to worry, I can't count the number of people who have started this thread over the months that I have been on, simply based on who has been online first. (Though I miss you, Jude, if you're reading this!)

Dawn, at least you still hit the elliptical!  I probably would have rolled back to sleep with weather like that.

We did arms, shoulders, and abs yesterday.  Today is yoga. I actually started to use my heart rate to track the calorie burn during the workouts this week, and am finding some rather interesting results based on estimated cals vs actual burn.

Eating has been going well this week, but sadly I'm up a bit on the scale, entirely from stress. 
    Long story short, we thought my grandmother had been injured 'mysteriously' in her nursing home - she is wheelchair bound with severe Alzheimer's and had a broken tibia - but thankfully, and not so thankfully, it was just osteoporosis (and apparently her entire leg is shattered - drink your milk, ladies!) 
    Here's to a better Tuesday and milk for all!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Morning.  H and I went for a walk last night.  It was so nice out!  I've got a run on my radar for tonight after work, I hope it's as nice today as it was yesterday.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    I spent 45 minutes on my bike on the trainer yestueday :).

Today I have work, and a ton of exams :(. I'm hoping after the one in the classroom tonight I can get to the gym for a swim. This weather is not making me feel super hot so a swim might really help me before bed.
    DIStickers.com Ticker
  • Options
    Good Morning ladies!

Yesterday should have been a rest day, but I still decided to go on a walk with co-workers during the day and did 60 minutes of light cardio on my bike while watching a movie. Now that I've got myself moving a lot more it's hard to stop!

Tonight is a gym night. I'm going to make sure to do weightlifting first and reallly focus on the arms. I so badly want to increase the weights because I haven't in MONTHS and I think it's a little pathetic I can't lift more yet.
  • Options
    Morning!  Lobsters, I'm curious, is the difference between your HR monitor and estimated burn far apart?  Hope your grandmother is okay.

This morning we hit spin class with my favorite instructor.  And as a bonus, she pulled me & my friend aside after class & said she was going to start dipping her toe in the TRX pool (she's certified, but hasn't designed classes yet).  She wanted to find a few people willing to give her feedback on some classes she's choreographed and best of all it will be free!  I'm flattered that she asked me too!  

I'm doing lunchtime pilates today, and walking the pups tonight.  We're doing a walking competition at work, and my team is in second to last place after the first week.  I have to kick it up a notch!!  
  • Options
    As predicted, I didn't go to the gym last night.  By the end of the school day, I was soooo wiped out.  At least I ate healthy - chicken and fresh corn on the cob for dinner with some frozen banana "ice cream" I made for dessert.  FI was at a meeting last night so I actually did some crunches and mild yoga poses while he was gone - my house is just TOO hot for much more right now.

Today's going to be difficult as well - it's hot and humid and it's the last day of school and I'm dealing with some difficult classes today - I already broke up a fight.  These girls really think they can't get suspended next year?  Sigh.  FI won't be home for dinner, so I'll likely make something quick.  I'm getting a Wendy's berry chicken salad for lunch today to celebrate the last day, woo!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, reggie!  That's awesome about the free classes you'll be getting! 
    The calorie burn that p90x estimates is sort of right.  If I take my average workout heart rate and length of time that I'm doing each individual exercise (added together), I get what appears to be an accurate number of calories burned. 
    The thing is, p90x builds in a ton of rest periods, where your heartrate is still up, but you're not actively working out.  So, where the arm, shoulder, and ab day is about a 55 minute video, we summed the actual workout times and calculated 20 minutes of true working out.  If we put this 'active' time into the p90x calorie burn estimator, the numbers match my HR-measured calorie burn.  If I was actually working out for all 55 of those minutes, then yes, the really high calorie burn numbers p90x shows would be right.  I hope that makes sense...

erbear-is the banana 'ice cream' good?  I keep seeing it on pinterest and have been tempted to try it
    Anniversary
  • Options

I am meeting with my PT today and am going to get in my second hard 25 minute cardio session in as well.  (I try to do this 3x a week plus a long run on the weekend).   I want to drop 5lbs in the next three weeks since I am going to another wedding where my of wedding guests will be attending and I want to look fabulous then as well.

15lbs to go to ideal wedding size! This is doable in 67 days.  I know it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:86cc14a1-8596-46e7-86fb-f1c19f27fed2Post:66224579-9b6a-444b-9793-f70d5bb83849">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE] erbear-is the banana 'ice cream' good?  I keep seeing it on pinterest and have been tempted to try it
    Posted by Lobsters25[/QUOTE]

VERY!  I put some PB in this for added protein and a scoop of nutella, too - you can make it healthier with cocoa powder, too, but I really made this one for my FI.  He likes to freeze a banana and slice it after it's frozen more, which is also delicious.  I'm not much of a banana fan in the first place, but I really like it!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    morning,

TK is being all kinds of crazy for me again today and I cant see what most of you posted yet so I'll just assume that everyone ate well, worked out hard and had a good sleep :)

Last night I went to zumba, it felt great to really sweat and shed some of the weekend bad habits away. I thought (hoped really) that after a while of doing zumba I would get more rhythm and look less awkward and more fluid but Le Sigh, I think I am destine to always be the one that turns right when everyone else turns left.

tonight I am doing either a body pump class or spin depends on where I can find a class that fits my schedule ( my gym has loads of locations all over the city)

food has been good so far as well.

Cheers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Went for a 3 mile walk last night and got P90X chest back and triceps in this am!
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    Sarah5200Sarah5200 member
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Morning all!

Yesterday was good for exercise. I walked the dog around 11am, did 4km sprint intervals around 3:00 and then I went golfing in the evening with FI. Eating was good too, aside from that delicious soft serve ice cream from DQ we got after golf. But hey, it fit into the budget. Unfortunately I got a migraine after golfing and then went to bed early (before the sun went down at 10pm) with an icepack on my eye and slept until 8:00.

Today I'm off to my mom's school to play with the first graders and then it's work tonight.

Have a good day everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning All!

Yesterday I wasn't on the board but I managed to log in 7 miles and 16500 steps! I walked in the morning then went to the mall with my MOH to find her dress. She just had a baby so we waited to find her dress until she was post-baby bump. Last night I took another walk with my pup before dinner then went grocery shopping!

Today should probably be a rest day but I am going to do a quick run after work and hopefully start the P90X Dvd's. For those of you doing the DVD's, would you recommend starting now with only about 70 days to the wedding?
  • Options
    jjswinjjswin member
    First Comment
    Did some major gardening on Sunday, and was little sore and sunburt yesterday so I took a rest day. Today is back to the gym for a C25K workout along with some arms and back weights. My eating has been so/so, now that FI is away for a week i'm sure I will be much better. Hope for the scale to make a big move Friday am.
  • Options
    Morning (or afternoon at this point)!  

I hit the gym yesterday and am surprising lot at all sore today.  I did 35 mins on the elliptical and then about 30 minutes of weights.  In a couple of weeks I'll increase the number of exercises I do and probably do about 45 mins of weight training 3 days/week.  

My schedule right now is only 3 days/week at the gym, but I'm itching to move today and it's gross out, so I think I'll go today and just do cardio.  I'll either get on the elliptical again or ride a bike.  I prefer the elliptical because it moves my whole body and I feel like it's a better workout.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:86cc14a1-8596-46e7-86fb-f1c19f27fed2Post:0387c304-803d-4d47-94c1-096bfda9af54">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Today should probably be a rest day but I am going to do a quick run after work and hopefully start the P90X Dvd's. For those of you doing the DVD's, would you recommend starting now with only about 70 days to the wedding?
    Posted by Scheff725[/QUOTE]

Scheff, only you (and your seamstress) know how much you can afford to lose before your wedding day-which I would think would be a large factor in determining whether or not to take on the program this close.
    That being said, if you have some flex room, there is absolutely no reason to start 70 days out.  Just don't skip the rest/stretch days and the rest weeks to try to get through the whole program in time, because that recovery is really essential to the results.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:86cc14a1-8596-46e7-86fb-f1c19f27fed2Post:168d706f-03c8-4683-b968-ea89ed6971d0">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday : Scheff, only you (and your seamstress) know how much you can afford to lose before your wedding day-which I would think would be a large factor in determining whether or not to take on the program this close. That being said, if you have some flex room, there is absolutely no reason to start 70 days out.  Just don't skip the rest/stretch days and the rest weeks to try to get through the whole program in time, because that recovery is really essential to the results.

Exactly this^^
    May 2013 Brides February Siggy photo invitessiggy_zpscfc27989.jpg Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_workout-accountability-tuesday-33?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:86cc14a1-8596-46e7-86fb-f1c19f27fed2Post:168d706f-03c8-4683-b968-ea89ed6971d0">Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Workout Accountability: Tuesday : Scheff, only you (and your seamstress) know how much you can afford to lose before your wedding day-which I would think would be a large factor in determining whether or not to take on the program this close. That being said, if you have some flex room, there is absolutely no reason to start 70 days out.  Just don't skip the rest/stretch days and the rest weeks to try to get through the whole program in time, because that recovery is really essential to the results.

Thanks for the tips! My seamstress ordered my dress one size larger back in March because my hips were between sizes and "everyone says they will lose weight". So, already I am down two sizes since, my biggest thing is I'd really like to tone up now a little more than weights alone have been doing...
  • Options
    Wow..back to normal eating and trying to get in some exercise post cruise is a bit of a bummer.

Doing OK so far today. I signed up for MyFitnessPal this morning and entered my planned eating and exercise for the day. The calories came up a bit high so it was nice to be able to scale back before going over the limit.

Planning to continue with my 15 min Netflix workouts since I don't really have much time or opportunity for other exercise. It's better than nothing I guess.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    I'm jumping in so that I can start holding myself accountable :)  I really liked what someone said the other day about a poster who needed to be pushed into going to Zumba - "If you're thinking about it, you really do want to go!".  

Yesterday I did weight lifting - bosu squats with toe touches after each set, pull downs (up to 110 lbs!  only 5 reps, but that felt good :) ) with straight arm lat pulldown, incline chest press with 25lbs, followed by stair lunges, crunches and glute lifts.  Ended with lateral shoulder raises and single arm tricep extension.

Today was HIIT on the elliptical for 20 minutes.  30 second intervals of sprinting at higher resistance, with 1 minute of moderate effort/resistance in between.  Felt really good :)

Food yesterday was great, and finished off with shrimp on salad with southwestern chipotle dressing to see how it would go.  It was delicious, so lunch today consisted of a low carb wrap with 2 tbsp of wholly guacamole, 1/4 cup of brown rice, 3 oz of shrimp topped with pico de gallo and 1 tbsp of southwestern chipotle sauce.  It was amazing. 281 calories, 31 carbs, 28 protein and 11 fat (but the good kind, haha).

Trying to keep myself on track so I lose weight and look fantabulous for the wedding, as well as have one more thing to celebrate that spring :)  It's a long ways off but hoping this will help me stick with it!

• Options
    This past week has been quite horrible. The FI and I were house-sitting and decided to take a mini-staycation so exercise and nutrition was thrown out of the window. I only made it to the gym once last week due to it being the last week of school and this is finals week. Though, now that I think of it, it would've been nice to hit the gym a couple of times to relieve stress... I've made a little goal to myself: exercise 3x this week. Tonight's a gym night with the FI since it's raining. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did HORRIBLE over the weekend on my diet... however yesterday and today i did better... I do refuse to weigh myself until Sunday... Hoping to reverse all the damage from the weekend...

As always I worked out on my lunch breaks and I plan on going home and jumping on the trampoline with the child for a work out :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Kwith. When we're you here? I lived here from 2007-2009. Being here this week made me realize how much I miss being here. Luckily I manage to get back at least once a year.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Just got home from the gym. Did awesome on my diet today, eatting some cajun grilled chicken as I type.

Did a good 45 minute swim free style this morning (I use flippers though so I kind of cheat, working on building up my knee muscles and ankles from surgery) and did about an hour on the treadmill this evening with a short walk with the pups for lunch. Its my day off and it was beautiful out so I really hit it hard.

I did attempt to cut the grass this afternoon and wouldnt you know it, a storm rolled in so I decided to go to the gym. As soon as I pulled into the gym, the sun came out and  there was a rainbow. Hopefully get the yard cut tommorow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards