Rhode Island
Options

Has anyone used the ipod option at the Chanler?

Hi.  I'm getting married at the Chanler Hotel which doesn't allow amplified music after 6 pm (it's an evening wedding).  We're still hoping to have dancing at our wedding!  We've been told that we can play an ipod through their speaker system.  Has anyone done this?  Or have you heard/seen a band perform acoustically & still get the crowd on the dance floor?

Re: Has anyone used the ipod option at the Chanler?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi - I am getting married at the chanler too in August and am freaking out about the whole music thing. I was able to get the Mark Greel band who has performed there before, acoustically ,and I have heard great things about him. I have spoken to him directly and he has assured me not to worry about people not responding to the music and he said that has never been a problem before. Just in case though, as back up, I am going to have a play list ready on my ipod to play.

When are you getting married? I am looking for hair and makeup - any suggestions?
  • Options
    dribblejackdribblejack member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry it took me so long to reply.  I wish I got an email from the knot letting me know when someone replies!  Anyway... we got the Mark Greel band too (contract pending) for 8/6.  I guess he's the first person the Chanler recommends to everyone.  We actually saw them live on Friday.  It wasn't acoustic, so it is still hard to imagine what the wedding will be like, but I'm now convinced that they can do anything!  He was fabulous & everyone was on the dance floor.  They did a mix of different styles & nailed each one.

I'm still worried about the acoustic rule too & I still want to check out the Chanler's sound system just to see if I want to use it at the end of the night or for our first dance, father/daughter dance, etc.  But I feel a little more confident that Mark & the guys will make sure everyone has a good time.

I'll send you a private message with my email address so we can continue this conversation without having to search the board for replies!
  • Options
    Just a follow up for anyone who might come across this posting:

The Mark Greel Band was fabulous.  We still get compliments about them.  Accoustics were not an issue at all.  The band was plenty loud enough without amplification.  Mark just started a Facebook page & might have put some videos up.

One tiny glitch in the evening - they took a really long dinner break but I think our venue coordinator had something to do with that.  The band members themselves are very hard working.  Just make sure you communicate with Mark & the coordinator (if you have one) about break times. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards