Plus-Sized
Options

NWR Weight

So i have really been trying hard to lose weight just because im sick and tired of being 5 foot tall and weighing alot more than i did 3 years ago. well i have been dieting. and i stepped on the scale today and i have gained 10 lbs. its so depressing. gurrr. so thats my rant for today. you guys have any good ideas on what to eat or drink? or any fun exercise? i have tried zumba and like it. 
thanks ladies 
you guys are the best!!

Re: NWR Weight

• Options

I'm sorry :( I joined Curves and I'm really liking it.  They have zumba there too.  May I also suggest seeing a Dr. about this.  If you're dieting and GAINING weight maybe something isn't right.  I have friends that have stuggled to lose weight and then found out they are either insuline resistant or have a hormone imbalance.  Whatever the case may be, try to think positive and love yourself no matter what :)   

imageimage
  • Options
    I got weighed a few weeks ago and was 10 lbs heavier than ever in my life. That depressed me but this week I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and do things better. H is super supportive and never ever makes any negative comments about how I look. I spent the week so far in a hotel so let's just say eating bad!! Tomorrow I am going to shake and bake to sign up for the toning side. Our place also has exercise equipment and way cheaper than the real gym. I am going to commit to going 3 times per week after work. H promised to make dinner those nights. We'll see how it goes :)

• Options
    I know the feeling.  I joined weight watchers in january after years of doing  any diet you could possibly think of.  I've lost 20lbs but I am also 41 and it is coming off slower than ever before.

After years, and I mean years of dieting, there is always one common factor...water, water and more water plus exercise.  Just get moving, no matter what it is.  I, personally have to watch my carb intake.

Also, keep in mind that just because the numbers on the scale don't change, it doesn't mean your efforts are not working.  Watch for the simple things like your clothes fitting better and you just feeling better in general.

Keep it up and eventually the weight will just start to drop off.

Good luck and don't quit!!Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I've been slowly trying to motivate myself to exercise and eat right, but it's so hard. My FI isn't the healthiest eater, and he doesn't really work out, so it's hard for me to do it, too. I know that's not a valid excuse, but it's an excuse nonetheless. 

I joined a gym by me (yeah, like a year ago) that is only $10 a month. It's so great. I just have to motivate myself to actually GO. It's hard to do. I hate exercising, but I always feel better once it's over with. 

Well, since that turned into my private little vent, I'll say that I've heard great things about myfitnesspal. I'm going to look more into it. In the past the website sparkpeople.com helped me, but I think I'm looking for something else right now. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I have found it helpful to have a gym buddy.  We plan to meet at the gym twice a week, and even though we only manage once a week it has helped.  I have used SParkpeople and myfitnesspal.  I like the food diary.  It really makes me realize what i am eating.

This box shipped toys? No this box is toy! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    OP - are you JUST dieting? Are you following a wackadoo diet like Atkins or are you just making healthier food choices that will impact your overall lifestyle in the longrun?

Losing weight is 80% diet 20% exercise (or at least that is a popular saying on the Getting in Shape board). You need both to be long term successful.

If you haven't started counting calories, I highly highly highly recommend myfitnesspal.com (or like PP suggested SparkPeople is another) - it lets you track your daily food intake and compares it with the exercise you're doing to help you be more aware (it also lets you know what your calorie goal each day should be to reach your ultimate weight goals). I didn't even realize how out of control I was being with portion sizes etc. till I started inputting it.

Come join us on the Getting In Shape board with questions and get ideas! :)
  • Options

I'm in the same boat OP. My fiance also could use to drop some weight and likes to talk about it but an hour later he's on the couch eating chips. It's hard to do it when your partner is brining the crap food into the house and offering it to you. UGH. I need to stay strong and set an example. Planning to go for a walk in the AM.

• Options
    I have a Wii fit that I bought myself for my birthday last year and it does help- it has an option where you can do stepping and watch TV at the same time. So lately I've been trying to do that a couple of times a week while I watch TV. My FI is going to get me something so I can raise the platform higher and get more out of my workouts. I don't have a great amount of motivation and have developed a problem with foot pain since October but beinig able to do it at my own pace, in the comfort of my own home, definitely helps. I'm already a vegan so I eat a lot of vegetables and fruit and whole grains and I do a lot of my own cooking but I do have a sweet tooth and a great love of all things potato...

I lost about thirty pounds a few years ago and gained it all back- I just have to commit to portions and exercise- those are the things that helped me the most! On thee plus side, I do all the cooking and shopping in our house so I don't have to worry about my FI accidentally 'sabotaging" my diet.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    thanks ladies, i guess my whole problem is less than 3 years ago i was 145 and then i got up to 170 after a summer of being sick. but after that i took control and lost 2 lbs and got down to 150 and looked and felt great. now i am up to my biggest which is 200. i have never been a really small girl i have always been bigger and always had big legs and arms because i played many years of softball which now makes it very hard to work out because of injuries. i hope to get down to 150 in the next 7 months but im setting a real goal of 25 lbs. thanks ladies. you guys are so supportive. 
  • Options
    Weight loss ladies, don't forget your strength training!  Weights won't bulk you up like some people claim unless you overdo it, but they will boost your metabolism and help you tone.

Diet is #1 but if you want to exersize, make sure you get cardio burn calories right now, and also strength training to keep on burning even when you aren't at the gym.

Besides, weight training increases bone density and makes everday life, like carrying groceries, easier. :)
  • Options
    Harpsdesire 
    thanks, i guess i didnt think about the weights, i walk and jogg with my dog since he has lots of energy. but i never thougth of lifting. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards