Michigan-Lansing
Options

Flowers flowers and more flowers

What are you ladies spending on your flowers? I just think flowers are a huge waste!!!! That being said, I don't want to be really skimpy. I am just having a hard time trying to budget for them, and being a local board I hope I can get a better idea.

What's your bouquet costing?

What are your bridesmaids flowers and bouts costing?

I could ask a dozen more questions, but any help would be appreciated!
"There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowers flowers and more flowers

• Options
    kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine who used to work in a floral dept doing this kind of thing is doing the flowers, so I don't have to pay anything for labor. Yay! I'm like you, I have big problems spending hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars on flowers. She used to work in the floral department at a local store and does great work.  

I'm probably only doing 1 flower for each girl, but maybe 3. It'll depend on how things are adding up with supplies and once we figure out how much each boutonniere and everything will be.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going with Petal and Forrest and was able to cut the quote in half by DIYing a lot of it myself (well my Day of Coordinator will be doing it!)

My bouquet:  $185
    BM's bouquets:  $65/each
    Corsages:  $15/each
    Bouts:  Groom:  $15, others:  $10/each

Candelabra arrangements:  $75/candleabra
    Centerpieces:  $30/centerpiece (down from $55/centerpiece)

I also eliminated the clean up fee because I'm supplying all the vases and votives so there is nothing for P&F to come back to clean up.

I originally wasn't going to do floral centerpieces but I hated all the mockups I created on my own so I decided to go with flowers.  I too had sticker shock when I iniitally went in but Dawn was so nice in working with me and my budget.  I highly recommend her!

ETA:  to clarify, the only part that is DIY is the centerpieces.  My DOC will be putting them together after P&F provides the stems.  They are simple white roses.  Nothing too complicated.
  • Options
    gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My DD is using Ele3 Events for flowers, decor and DOC.  The flower prices are very close to what EMarston is paying.  We've been very happy with them.

If you talk to the vendors about what you want, most are very good about giving yo the look you want while keeping costs down.

Good Luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Petal & Forrest, too, but I'm having them do everything.  I wish I could DIY my bouquets and centerpieces to save money, but I'm coming in from out of town for the wedding and don't have any time or a place to do it.  Anyway, here's my breakdown:
                My bouquet - $210
                BM bouquets - $75 each
                Bouts - $15 for groom, $10 each from groomsmen
                Flower girl - $35
                Corsages - $20 MOB, $15 each for others
  • Options
    ljones725ljones725 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow!  It is amazing how much is spent on flowers.  Find a talented friend or someone new to the planning/decorating/floral industry who is developing a portfolio.  I just planned an out of town friend's wedding in July in Lansing and we did two alter arrangements, hand tied bouquets for the bride and seven attendants, five corsages, two pomanders for the flower girls, 12 boutenniere's and flowers for 14 centerpieces for under $1200.  We used white, vanilla, red and crimson roses with red mini callas and white orchids.  I have pictures if you'd like to see and know of someone trying to build a portfolio if you'd like to contact me on my personal e-mail. lynnettemjones@yahoo.com. Another suggestion is to make sure they're donated to a local hospital or elderly home so they can be appreciated after your day!  Put a good friend or parent in charge of dropping them off the day after your event.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your posts ladies, it really gives me a better idea when it comes from ladies like you that live in my area.

Thanks again!
    "There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found a very talented person who is doing all that others are getting for half the price.  Her name is Michelle and she owns a dance studio next door to Petal and Forrest.  She has done some mock-ups for me already and I LOVE all of her ideas.  She will cost less than $800 for everything: 10 centerpieces (flowers in pumpkins, plus little pumpkins as tealights, plus kiwi grass on the table surrounded by buds), my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, 7 bouts, and a few corsages.  She is amazing.  Only complaint: not the best at getting back to you in a timely fashion.  PM if you want her info...she's great!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards