New York-Upstate

DJ HELP!!! Andy Pratt

Just curious if anyone has any good DJ recomendations. I am trying to pick one from out of state and trying to go based on websites is difficult!

I recently spoke with Andy Pratt and really liked him. Has anyone heard good/bad about him??

thanks for any help in advance!

Re: DJ HELP!!! Andy Pratt

• edited December 2011
    Where in New York are you getting married?

• tambam1782tambam1782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married in Clifton Park and the reception is at 11 N. Pearl in Albany.
  • edited December 2011
    Andy Pratt has been around for a long time so he definately has experience.  He is really good about getting your guests involved.  If you are looking for a real party atmosphere with the DJ involved I think you will be happy with that choice. 

• edited December 2011
    We used Greg Fraiser, but heard good things about Andy Pratt and Paul Malo when we were looking.  GL.
  • tambam1782tambam1782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies:)

am&pm09 - How did you like Greg Fraiser?
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into andy as well, the only thing I did not like about him was that he only allowed like 11 requests. Since my husband and I love music- this was just not feasible for us. We went with Elite Sounds Entertainment and went with DJ Dave Cannon. He allowed us as many songs as we wanted, you could pick them online (def play, maybe, do not play)- and if he didnt have something you wanted, he would spend up to $50 to get it online. 
    We were more than happy. I know a lot of people have used Andy and were happy about it- so if requests isnt a big deal and you can afford it- i say go for it!
    HTH!
  • edited December 2011
    I just don't get the point of only allowing a certain amount of requests.  Full disclosure, I am a DJ posting on by fiancee's account (sorry for trolling, I was working on our wedding website and I saw the forum).

The way I approach it is... it's YOUR wedding... why limit requests?  I'll take any requests you'll like and strictly adhere to Do-Not-Play lists.  If I don't have it, I'll find it.  I will also meet with you to structure and your wedding timeline.

If you are interested, hit me up with an email.. [email protected]
  • edited December 2011
    Jason, your right, why limit requests? I own Capital DJs, formerly AMS. www.capitaldiscjockeys.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards