Snarky Brides
Options

AW: Wedding Recap and Pics (PIP Heavy and long)

We had a pretty successful wedding weekend, for the most part. We didn't have the turnout that we were expecting for the RD because of the location and the time of day, but it was still fun nonetheless. I didn't eat much because nerves were starting to set in, and I had more fun than I intended at my bachelorette party the night before.

Our rehearsal would have been fine, had our church-assigned wedding coordinator not been a creep. She kept making sexual comments about the guys and was giving off this weird vibe the entire evening. H and I went out to eat with FIL and his grandmother and uncle after the rehearsal, and we had a nice time. H and I went home and packed, and then MOH and I headed to the hotel so we could check in.

The morning of, we hit a little snag when MOH's straightener and the hairdryer the Hairdresser was using (my mom and I got our hair and makeup done at the hotel) shorted out the fuses in our room. Thank God my brother was across the hall. We kicked him out and finished getting ready in his room.  

Funny story:  I needed a straw for my Vitamin Water that I was drinking, so I took off across the hotel in my veil and my button down shirt, shorts, and my socks to the hotel bar to get a straw.  MOH told me that she tried to stop me, but I was gone before she could.  I got more than a few weird looks, but I don't care.  I wanted my straw, lol.

After my hair and makeup were done, we headed to go get the flowers and go to the church so I could get my dress on. I was generally pretty relaxed unless I was talking to the WC. I finally just told her to leave me alone. I also found out after the fact that H and the GMs were late getting to the church, but they weren't super late. I was doing pretty good at holding in my emotions until I heard my musician playing (he practiced a little before the ceremony). He's a good friend of mine from college, and I was so glad he was able to be there.

The ceremony was awesome, except for the fact that H and I would have passed out at the altar if we had been up there any longer than we were. We got our pro pictures done and got out of there just in time before they started setting up for 5:00 mass.

We rode to the reception in a 1964 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud that MIL set up for us. As soon as people post pics of the car, I will show y'all. We made it there super early (like before the WP), so we got to relax before the grand entrance. My cousin got us some appetizers to hold us over until everyone arrived. The reception was great, the food was awesome, and everyone had a good time.

We had a couple of people that we were worried about starting drama at the reception that called the morning of and said they weren't going to be able to make it.  So that took away a good chunk of the stress.

I'm glad everything went well, but I'm glad it's over. I'll post a HM recap later after we get pics loaded.  We will get our pro pics back in about a month, hopefully.  The photographers said that it takes about 6-8 weeks, but they are gonna try their hardest to get them to me before I leave for Basic Training mid-October.

getting ready

My dad walking me down the aisle

H and his grandfather (who officiated) 

Ceremony musician

Walking back as husband and wife

Grand entrance at reception

My Cake (Baker had never made anything like this before...she gave me a really good deal because of this)

H's Cake (he has a tattoo of this image on his back...she modeled the cake after it)

My boots

BM's toast

First dance

me and BFF/MOH

After pro pics were done and I didn't have to worry about my hair anymore.  I'm drinking a famous Pat O'Brien's Hurricane.
knotsigpicture Anniversary

Re: AW: Wedding Recap and Pics (PIP Heavy and long)

• Options
    I love it Texas! The grooms cake is awesome.

Sounds like a wonderful day all in all. And you were a beautiful bride!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Congrats!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Beautiful Texas.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I am so glad you posted! I love your story re: tracking down a straw. Your pictures make it look like a flawless day, and you are a beautiful bride.

ETA: Where will you go for Basic?
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    Your wedding looks amazing! I am in love with your cake. Smile
    Anniversary
  • Options
    mmendi--I'm going to Lackland Air Force Base in SA for Basic Training, and then on to Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo for my technical school.  After that, I don't know.  
  • Options
    So pretty! 
    Is your H a firefighter? Or am I not reading the symbol on the cake correctly?

You looked BEAUTIFUL!
  • Options
    Love your dress, you looked beautiful, congratulations! And both of your cakes look really cool.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-wedding-recap-and-pics-pip-heavy-and-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ed205cde-9b38-434f-bae2-9cf368fc432dPost:d45da943-4345-4cbd-b3f9-b9f51a6dbc24">Re: AW: Wedding Recap and Pics (PIP Heavy and long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]So pretty!  Is your H a firefighter? Or am I not reading the symbol on the cake correctly? You looked BEAUTIFUL!
    Posted by willywally5[/QUOTE]

<div>H went througt the Fire Academy, but was unable to find a firefighting job after graduation.  I think once we get settled in my first duty station, he's gonna retake his international certifications, and try to get a job at a station.  </div>
  • Options
    I loved my cake.  Our baker said that she had never done a cake like that before, and she was really excited to try it.  I had no idea what it was gonna look like until we actually saw it.  We gave her the overall theme of the wedding, and she ran with it.
  • Options
    Gorgeous!  You look wonderful, and both of your cakes are awesome.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    Sounds like everything went great.  You were beautiful. :)  Glad you enjoyed your day :).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_aw-wedding-recap-and-pics-pip-heavy-and-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ed205cde-9b38-434f-bae2-9cf368fc432dPost:5639394d-320f-4a9d-a4b9-d6c6ef2dc520">Re: AW: Wedding Recap and Pics (PIP Heavy and long)</a>:
    [QUOTE]mmendi--I'm going to Lackland Air Force Base in SA for Basic Training, and then on to Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo for my technical school.  After that, I don't know.  
    Posted by texasgurly13[/QUOTE]

Thanks :) I was curious, FI's son is currently in Basic at Ft. Jackson. His graduation is the week after the wedding, and we will drive to SC to HM and be there for that. Then his AIT is somewhere in TX. I have much to learn! Very different lingo and letters!
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • Options
    YAY! Congratulations, that looks awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards