Registry and Gift Forum
Options

What to register for?

First, I am registering at Target. My guests are coming from all over, and there is a Target very close to me so it will be easy to do returns/exchanges if necessary. 

There is no BBB, Macys, or Crate & Barrel near me. BBB is 45 min away, I have to drive an hour and a half to get to a good Macy's, and Crate & Barrel is probably the same distance.) So, I am only registering at Target. 

I printed off a list of "registry ideas" and we went through the list and marked about 80% of the list off. The total list we came up with is about 32 items. 

We don't need fine china, siliverware, or crystal. I have two toddlers, and no place to store it. We already have a good solid set of everyday dishes and silverware. I just did a major purge in the bathroom of linens and towels, so I don't need to register for any of those. 

Oh, and where can you get a good LARGE sugarbowl, not the tiny one that comes with the "sugar and creamer" sets. Just a nice large sugarbowl. 

I am sure I can think of some other things to register for, but right now I am just drawing a blank! Any help would be appreciated. :) 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
44 image are ready to party!
31 image declines
0 imagecan't find the bleeping mailbox
RSVP Date: Sept 24

Re: What to register for?

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited August 2012
    - Blender
    - Food processor
    - Stand mixer
    - Hand mixer
    - Immersion blender (awesome for soups!)
    - Bread maker
    - Pasta maker
    - Smoothie machine
    - Waffle Iron
    - George Foreman grill (actually, we got the Cuisinart Griddler and LOVE it!)
    - Food scale

- Nice pots and pans like AllClad
    - Nice bakeware like LeCreuset
    - Serving dishes
    - Nice tupperware or cannster set
    - Kitchen utensils
    - Really nice knives like Wusthoff or Henckels

- Bathroom scale
    - New bathroom accessories
    - Guest towels
    - New bed linens (it never hurts to have an extra set of nice linens for your bed or your guest bed)
    - Blankets
    - Throws
    - Decorative pillows
    - Pictures frames
    - Napkins/Tablecloths
    - Napkin Rings

- Wine Glasses
    - Neat wine opener
    - Barware

- Iron/garment steamer
    - Nice coat hangers
    - Hampers

DSC_9275
  • Options
    If your goal is easy returns, then Target may not be for you. Lots of brides have problems with returns if their guests don't give them gift receipts. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_what-to-register-for-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e1a159d2-1807-4bc3-8b0c-45411fb6d0ecPost:ab246bdf-e42d-4b92-9906-40a21b5c91b8">Re: What to register for?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If your goal is easy returns, then Target may not be for you. Lots of brides have problems with returns if their guests don't give them gift receipts. 
    Posted by BethP937[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes, I understand that Target has had some issues with their registry (I used to work at Target). I am making a note at the top of the registry to please include a gift reciept - that way when my guest's go to Target then that note will print on the top of their page as a reminder. :) </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    31 image declines
  • Options
    I know you're not going to register there, but there are some decent sized porcelain and china sugar bowls at Bed Bath and Beyond that are pretty nice if you really wanted a bigger one and don't mind just purchasing it yourself. I've seen both of these in person and they are about double the size of the ones that come with a sugar and creamer set. The first one is a little bigger than the second and also has free shipping. :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_what-to-register-for-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e1a159d2-1807-4bc3-8b0c-45411fb6d0ecPost:1d45274d-9c20-4108-96e1-b4ece81fa762">Re: What to register for?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you're not going to register there, but there are some decent sized porcelain and china sugar bowls at Bed Bath and Beyond that are pretty nice if you really wanted a bigger one and don't mind just purchasing it yourself. I've seen both of these in person and they are about double the size of the ones that come with a sugar and creamer set. The first one is a little bigger than the second and also has free shipping. :) <a href="http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40132280&RN=554&KSKU=106810&" rel="nofollow">http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=40132280&RN=554&KSKU=106810&</a> <a href="http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16136883&RN=778&KSKU=116739&" rel="nofollow">http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=16136883&RN=778&KSKU=116739&</a>
    Posted by Cackle6[/QUOTE]

<div>Ahh! I clicked on them and now I want to register there! ;) </div><div>
    </div><div>Thank you though!! Those are great. :D </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

74 Invited image
    31 image declines
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_what-to-register-for-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:e1a159d2-1807-4bc3-8b0c-45411fb6d0ecPost:97e73af7-9a6a-45f7-bbf2-a02e9b6ecd89">Re: What to register for?</a>:
    [QUOTE]- Blender - <strong>Food processor</strong> - <em><u>Stand mixer or Hand mixer</u></em> - <strong>Immersion blender</strong> (awesome for soups!) - <strong>Bread maker - Pasta maker - Smoothie machine - Waffle Iron - George Foreman grill (actually, we got the Cuisinart Griddler and LOVE it!) - Food scale</strong> - Nice pots and pans like AllClad - <strong>Nice bakeware like LeCreuset</strong> - Serving dishes - Nice tupperware or cannster set - Kitchen utensils - <strong>Really nice knives like Wusthoff or Henckels - Bathroom scale - New bathroom accessories</strong> - Guest towels - New bed linens (it never hurts to have an extra set of nice linens for your bed or your guest bed) - Blankets/Throws - <strong>Decorative pillows</strong> - <strong>Pictures frames</strong> - Napkins/Tablecloths -<strong> Napkin Rings</strong> - Wine Glasses - <strong>Neat wine opener</strong> - Barware - Iron/<strong>garment steamer - Nice coat hangers</strong> - Hampers
    Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Bolded items are things you 100% DO NOT need unless you are a huge baker/cook and you entertain a lot. We got a bunch of stuff like that and we cook daily & have people over a lot and I think we registered for a lot of unnecessary stuff. </div><div>
    </div><div>Either get a stand mixer or a hand mixer. The stand mixer can pretty much do what the hand one does. I love our kitchen aid mixer...it does everything...even shreds chicken. A blender or the stand mixer will do many of the things a food processor does. If you need a processor, get one of the mini chopper things. </div><div>
    </div><div>If you want bakeware, get pyrex or corningware. You only need a couple knifes. We have 2 santoku knifes, a couple paring knifes, and steak knifes. Unless there is a specific frame you want, you dont need to register for it. People will always give frames, potholders, and kitchen towels at showers. </div><div>
    </div><div>Register for what you want to upgrade old stuff or to help build your home. Most of the stuff above is unnecessary. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know I'm suppose to post this as a new topic I'm sure but since it follows basically the same thought, what about a vacuum like a nice vacuum (dyson) - would that be something that should go on a wedding registry?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to What to register for?:
    Register at www.my2.tupperware.com/brandywoods1
    Tupperware has come a LONG way since our mother's Tupperware Parties and there is a lot of great stuff that is very useful and durable. Tupperware has a lifetime warranty and there is a new Cookware Line that is to die for!
    my email is brandywoods1@gmail.com if you are interested! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards