Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaids hair/makeup monetary expectations

Hi Everyone!,
It might be a bit early to think about this, but I was wondering what is etiquette on makeup and hair for the BM's?  Am I supposed to be paying for it or them?
Thanks!

Re: Bridesmaids hair/makeup monetary expectations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are REQUIRING them to wear a certain style of hair and or makeup, then you need to pay for it.  If you are offering it as an OPTION and don't care one way or another, then they pay.
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are requiring the bridesmaids to have their hair and makeup professionally done then you pay for it. If you don't require it then it is up to them to pay for hair and makeup if they decide to have it done professionally.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with pps. Other than the dress, you should pay for anything else that you require, such as the same shoes, hair, makeup, accessories etc....

I would urge you not to require they have a certain hairstyle. Unless they are starting with similar hair type and length, the same style is not going to work on all of them. And I think it just looks strange to have a string of cookie cutter bms.

Requiring they get their makeup done by your makeup artist isn't fair, even if you're paying. Some women are very particular about what they put on their skin. I had my makeup done, once, and will never do it again. Within hours, I had itchy, blotchy skin and woke up the next morning with swollen eyes. It took weeks for my skin to get back to normal.

• Options
    ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    We had the hairdresser with assistant and the make up artist come to the suite where the BP was staying.

The bride didn't dictate hair style ,or type of make up but they all turned out wanting updos.  The FG had ringlets because she was going to wear a wreath.

I paid for it.  Not for any particular reason.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards