Plus-Sized
Options

Semi-wedding related...

I need to find a dress to wear to my brother's wedding in October and need some help! I'm on the petite side (about 5' 3") but I weigh about 175/180 right now- I might be able to lose 10 pounds by October 20th but let's not bet on that, huhTongue Out My dimensions are totally skewed- short torso, only a B-cup, lots of fun chubby belly...I'm having a hard time dressing this body! I carry my weight pretty well but I think I'm about a 16 (my wedding dress was a 16 with a ton of alterations because I was really closer to an 18 or 20 in the designer's line!)  I prefer about knee-length or above the knee as my legs are pretty in shape and I feel less short (all long dresses are too long on me and I don't wear heels.) I figure October will likely be cool in upstate NY and I can wear tights and flats. He's marrying in a barn and I know the groomsmen are wearing suits or some sort of vest and slacks combo- I'm thinking semi-formal, Sunday best would be what I'm going for.

So...recommend your favorite dress store/website? (FYI- I love some of the stuff on modcloth.com but am unsure of the sizing and am hesitant to order something without trying it on...)
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Semi-wedding related...

• Options
    In Response to Re:Semiwedding related...:[QUOTE]I need to find a dress to wear to my brother's wedding in October and need some help! I'm on the petite side about 5' 3" but I weigh about 175/180 right now I might be able to lose 10 pounds by October 20th but let's not bet on that, huhnbsp;My dimensions are totally skewed short torso, only a Bcup, lots of fun chubby belly...I'm having a hard time dressing this body! I carry my weight pretty well but I think I'm about a 16 my wedding dress was a 16 with a ton of alterations because I was really closer to an 18 or 20 in the designer's line! nbsp;I prefer about kneelength or above the knee as my legs are pretty in shape and I feel less short all long dresses are too long on me and I don't wear heels. I figure October will likely be cool in upstate NY and I can wear tights and flats. He's marrying in a barn and I know the groomsmen are wearing suits or some sort of vest and slacks combo I'm thinking semiformal, Sunday best would be what I'm going for.So...recommend your favorite dress store/website? FYI I lovenbsp;some of the stuff on modcloth.com but am unsure of the sizing and am hesitant to order something without trying it on... Posted by random4180[/QUOTE]

Igigi.com. they aren't cheap. But nice stuff
  • Options
    I find the most awesome selection of nice plus size dresses at Macys.  I hate ordering dresses online because I never know how they will fit - so I like to try stuff on.  
  • Options
    Hmm, I may have to check out Macy's. I looked at the other website and they do have nice dresses but I would feel better ordering something if they had a petite plus section (so impossible to find petite XL but when I do, it's always the best fit for me!) All those women on igigi.com look stunningly tall...maybe the designing illusion is just that good? Tongue Out
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I usually like to stick with Macys or Eloquii
    BabyFruit Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards