Texas-San Antonio
Options

Hacienda Santa Maria

Hi ladies...Okay so, I don't really know my way around san antonio too well (we're originally from Michigan) and we live about an hr south of the city.....anyways....We finally got a chance to check out La Orilla Del Rio Ballroom today and it was Nice =]....and the event coordinator suggested we check out the Hacienda Santa Maria aswell....But we didn't really have the time to check it out because we had to still drive an hr home to get to class...so I was wondering if anyone here has check out the place been/having their wedding there and if there are any pictures of just any information on this place. I googled it but its kinda of hard to get an exact thing, especially since I really don't know what I'm looking for. Any information on this place would be great and very much appreciated....TIA!!

Sorry if I kinda babbled or if this is long, I tend to do this a lot  lolLaughing
www.elizabethandjacob.weebly.com www.Jakesportraits.com

Re: Hacienda Santa Maria

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got married on Saturday at La Orilla del Rio (IT IS AMAZING) but Hacienda Santa Maria was our second choice and they did our catering.

I'm going to do my reviews in a bit but I seriously cannot tell you how amazing that Gonzalo and his team from their catering were.  They seriously made our wedding and we got a ton of complements on the food. 

Hacienda is gorgeous but we chose La Orilla mainly because it was closer to the downtown hotels for our out of town guests.  I would absolutely recommend their catering to anyone though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am an out of towner too. The pics on the website show this place looks great inside; however, when I google mapped it and went to street view, I personally wasn't as excited about the outside. Across the street in direct view of your guests on the patio is a restaurant parking lot and a tow truck place caddy corner. The you have street traffic from St. Mary's St. It sounds like they have great service and sometimes that outways everything else. I guess in the end, if you have crappy service, it doesn't matter what the venue looked like :) Good luck!
  • Options
    intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, this venue is on St. Mary's street in the downtown area, it is an older part of town and part of the bar area and the business across the street is a mechanic shop or something, You'll like the inside - small dance floor but won't like the outside, better be sure to have a security guard - I go this way with my mom to pick up flowers, might want to check others
  • Options
    ylicqylicq member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I booked my wedding for 10/2011 at the hacienda. I too was/am having  reservations about the outside but I hope everyone is inside dancing the night away or too drunk to notice!  Seriously, I fell in love with the inside. Happy to hear the food was good. Gonzalo is really nice and I'm happy about my choice to have the reception there.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my wedding here July 2011 and I am so happy with my decision. They are so wonderfuly to work with. I suggest that you ask for some things to be done if you have concerns about them. Gonzalo is more than happy to abide by my requests so just ask....The food is amazing and the water fountains and Spanish touches are worth it here. I looked all over San Antonio for the perfect spot that doesn't just look like a box. Hacienda Santa Maria is exactly what I was looking for and at the right price. I hope that your concerns about the outside will be settled once you talk to Gonzalo you will feel better, he will do almost anything you ask!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards