Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Venue ideas?

Looking to get married fall 2011 with a small guest list, under 50 people if that. Would like an evening wedding under the trees and a reception area within walking distance. Willing to drive a little if anyone knows of a place in the general midwest area. Thanks!

Re: Venue ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try the Cincinnati Parks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've looked at a lot of parks, both Cincinnati and Dayton, but they are very restrictive (aka alcohol and time restrictions). I want a candle lit ceremony and then eating and dancing so it'd be a little on the late side. I've actually looked at renting a large cabin  so that everyone can have a mini vacation. But again they are either cheesy or crazy expensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Would be interested in a small stone church as well...just want something different really.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is the Behringer-Crawford museum in Devou Park that you could check out.

I've never been there myself, but it seems like a very different place.

Anniversary
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Try these:

Krippendorf Lodge - they are very nature, lodge-like, and elegant!

The Inn at Oneonta - this place is gorgeous, the website's photos don't give it justice, this one definitely sounds like what you're looking for.

Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Benham's Grove in Centerville next September. It's a 19 century Victorian farm house  that has been converted to a "community gathering place." It's extremely popular for weddings (all Saturdays next year are already booked, but there are still Sundays and Fridays as far as I know).

You can rent the entire complex or just the house and beaultiful gazebo. The house has a covered terrace in the back that will comfortably seat around 80 guests. Here's a link to their website:  http://www.ci.centerville.oh.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=486&Itemid=1866.
    image 117 Invited
    image 92 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 2 Can't find the mailbox!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bfinksbfinks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Richwood Plantation in Kentucky.  Its maybe an hour and a half from Cincinnati.  A girlfriend went there this past weekend and said it was absolutely gorgeous.  Check it out.

Good luck!

http://www.richwoodplantationkentucky.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about the Five Mile Chapel and Withrow Nature Preserve (right across the street)? Both are really beautiful. My brother got married at the church several years ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wiedemann Mansion in Northern Kentucky.  You could have your ceremony either on the huge front porch or on the grounds then your dinner and dancing inside.  It's privately owned so they probably don't have the time restrictions a park would have.  They can easily accomodate 50 people and it's so convenient to downtown Cincinnati and the riverfront, there should be plenty of hotels to accomodate your guests if necessary. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cox Arboretum in Dayton has a number of outdoor spaces available, plus a beautiful place for an indoor reception.  I'm having my reception there in July.  They do allow alcohol, but because it's a Metropark, you have to pay a park ranger to be there ($100 for 4 hours).  The place is beautiful.  

Also, I went to a wedding last fall at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park in Hamilton.  It was small and beautiful.  They  had alcohol, but they did the catering themselves.  There's a small kitchen.  

• Options
    cmariescarletcmariescarlet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Dayton, try:
    Pollen Farm...gazebo, bar, and house can all be used...very nice for smaller weddings.

Benham's Grove...similar to Pollen Farm

Carillon Park...ceremony by the bells is very nice, also other options for outdoor ceremonies within the park.  The transportation center is a great location for a reception, especially on a nice day when the doors can be open and the dance floor can be outside.

Cox Arboretum...gazebo and indoor facilities for receptions, very pretty grounds and pictures ops.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    check out ault park
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wiedemann Hill Mansion is absolutely gorgeous!  You can do your ceremony outside and move inside for the reception.  The veranda has the best view in town!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards